Ukrainian pancakes. Soft on the inside, golden outside. Thick Pancakes, Ukrainian Traditional Recipes – description, pictures, cooking tips. Find the best Ukrainian dishes for sharing with family and friends.
Nalysnyky – the thin pancakes with curd/cottage cheese stuffing rolled up to form a tube and fried to a golden crisp. Simple recipe – how to cook Potato Pancakes. Use just five ingredients to make Ukrainian Potato Pancakes -Deruny for Breakfast or lunch! You can cook Ukrainian pancakes using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ukrainian pancakes
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbs of sugar.
There are many different variations of potato pancakes in Europe and they have different names. These are classic Ukrainian Potato Pancakes also called Deruny. Serve for breakfast, as an appetizer or side dish. Syrniki, Ukrainian Syrniki, Sirniki, Cheese Pancakes, Ukrainian Recipe, Ukrainian Sirniki, farmer cheese pancakes.
Ukrainian pancakes step by step
- Mix eggs and sugar.
- Add water.
- Add flour. Keep mixing.
- Add a table spoon of a vegetable oil for better frying. The texture has to become like a heavy cream. Hit your pan well. Add a few drops of vegetable oil.
- Pour out some pastry to the pan.
- and move it until the pasty will be all over the pan.
- Fry. in 30 sec turn the pancake. Fry another 30 sec..
- The way he loves it : with butter and maple syrup. I prefer them with Nutella and fresh berries. Anyways this foreign dish is good and homemade.
How to make Potato Pancakes (Deruny) – Ukrainian Recipe. Potato pancakes are a traditional Polish and Ukrainian dish. Here in America, they are often not considered. In this video I want to show how to cook Ukrainian classic dish. The dish is called Potato pancakes (Deruny).