Fish cakes. Rustle up some tasty fish cakes. They're easy to make and a great way of using leftover potatoes or fish. Make for starters or as part of a midweek meal.
I stumbled upon this simple recipe that is fool proof!! Served with some nice lemon slices, this is a beaut. Make a little fish go further by shaping it into fish cakes. You can cook Fish cakes using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish cakes
- It’s 400 g of skinned fish (fish pie mix).
- It’s 350 g of potatoes.
- It’s 150 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 75 g of breadcrumbs.
- It’s Handful of flour.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- It’s of Rapeseed oil for frying.
Combine any fish – salmon, cod, mackerel, even shellfish like crab – with a little cooked potato or even cooked broccoli for. Try our best fishcakes, including crab cakes and cod cakes, and fishcakes using haddock, salmon and tuna. Forget the days of stodgy bland fishcakes, these fish delights. See more ideas about Seafood recipes, Cooking recipes, Fish recipes.
Fish cakes step by step
- Gather ingredients.
- Peel & chop up the potatoes. Boil for about 12 minutes until soft. Drain and mash..
- Add the chopped chives and parsley. Add salt and pepper. Mix well..
- Chop the fish into pieces. Add to a pan and cover with the milk plus 100ml water. Simmer for 5 minutes then let stand for 5 minutes to cook through..
- Drain the fish. Add to the mashed potato. Flake the fish up a bit but leave a few larger pieces for texture..
- Prepare a bowl with the beaten egg, one with breadcrumbs and a board covered in flour..
- Flour your hands then shape the mixture into fishcakes. I made 4 large but 6 would probably be better. Coat each one with egg and then cover in breadcrumbs..
- Heat some oil in a pan then fry over a medium heat for 5 – 10 minutes. Turn them to brown on each side..
Enjoyed throughout Atlantic Canada and the Maritime, fish cakes are a classic dish. Although some people enjoy them for breakfast, many others eat them for lunch and dinner as well. ⬇ Download fish cakes – stock images and pictures in the best photography agency ✔ reasonable prices ✔ millions of high quality and royalty-free stock photos and images. Looking for the best Fish Cakes recipes? Get recipes like Tuna Patties, Salmon Patties and Cod Delicious cod fish cakes with fresh cod fillets, potatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, and. These quick and easy fish cakes are fun appetizer or main course made with cod, or you favorite white fish.