How to Prepare Appetizing Traditional apple cake
Traditional apple cake. A lovely moist cake filled with apples and dates, topped with a caramelised sugar and coconut topping. Apple cake is a popular dessert produced with the main ingredient of apples. Such a cake is made through the process of slicing this sweet fruit to add fragrance to a plain cake base.
This traditional Dorset apple cake is an easy recipe, with delicious results; the chunks of apple guarantee that it won't be dry. It's easy to make by hand, and there's no need for a mixer. These traditional German apple cake recipes are great cakes to make when you have extra apples in your pantry, and you find yourself craving a moist, flavorful dessert cake. You can have Traditional apple cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Traditional apple cake
- Prepare 225 g of (4 or 5) apples – peeled, removed the core and slices in think slices.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 drop of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 225 g of flour.
- Prepare 1 of spoon/ sachet baking powder.
- You need 115 g of butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 165 of sugar.
- It’s 40/50 ml of milk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional).
German Apple Cake (Versunkener Apfelkuchen) is a traditional German dessert that is so easy to make even if you aren't totally kitchen confident! An easy Apple Cake recipe, with chunks of fresh Apples and ground Almonds. Spice it up with the option of adding Cinnamon I am also the writer and recipe creator for Traditional Home Baking. Celebrity chef Bonnie Stern joins The Morning Show to show us how to make a traditional Rosh Hashanah cake using a significant amount of apples.
Traditional apple cake step by step
- Pre-heat the oven on 170/180 degrees. Prepare a cake tin, line it with baking paper, spread with butter and drizzle with a tiny bit of flour to stop it from sticking and remove the excess flour..
- Start by peeling, quarter the apples and removing the core. Slice each quarter length wise into thin(ish) slices. Add the lemon juice to stop them from getting brown..
- In a bowl mix the flour, the baking powder and the butter softened and cut into small pieces. With the tip of your fingers mix the flour and the butter until it makes a crumbly mixture..
- Add the sugar, the egg and mix well..
- Slowly add the milk to make the base more liquid, it needs to be a honey like consistency by this point..
- Pour the mixture into the tin and let it spread evenly. Start to add the apples in a circular way all around the tin so to cover the base completely. You can top it up with a mixture of a couple of spoons of sugar and the cinnamon if you wish although be aware that the sugar will caramelise and make the cake dark on the top..
- Cook in the oven for 40-50 minutes (depending on your oven) on the lowest level (if ventilated oven).
- When cold you can decorate it with a sprinkle of icing sugar if you would like to. Serve alone or with a scoop of vanilla icecream.
The perfect apple cake, this recipe is a stand out for a good coffee cake or simple dessert. Nijole served this cake to us during breakfast, and it sure was good with a cup of coffee. But you really can't beat a classic apple cake—and Auntie's Apple Cake is certainly one for the recipe box. This traditional recipe for easy apple cake has everything you need: fresh apples, a. In the bowl of a mixer fitted with paddle Natasha, I tried making this cake, but in a traditional bundt form (don't have a spring form pan).