Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Grit Cakes
Grit Cakes. It seems like just a week ago I was lamenting the fact that Emily had announced to the world wide web that I was officially old. Obviously life moved on, and now it's already August! Then you'll love these fried grits cakes.
For better or worse, when you let cooked grits cool to room temperature they become a solid mass, sort of like cakey gelatin. Grit cakes are without a doubt one of the most versatile dishes that exists. They can be served for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just a snack, and are delicious no matter how you serve them.. You can have Grit Cakes using 19 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grit Cakes
- You need of Grits————–.
- You need 8 cups of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of grits.
- You need of Breading—————–.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s of Oil————-.
- It’s As needed of extra Virgin olive oil for shallow frying.
- Prepare of Gravy——————.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 15 ounce of can of Italian style diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of the breading flour.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra Virgin olive oil.
Baked Grits Cakes Recipes on Yummly Grits Cakes, Fried Grit Cakes, Chocolate Lava Cakes. Top baked-grits-cakes recipes just for you. How To Make Fried Grits (Grit Cakes).
Grit Cakes instructions
- Boil 8 cups of water add salt and grits cook till done. Make sure there is no lumps or it will be a catastrophe..
- Grease a loaf pan or something similar with butter..
- Pour in the grits.
- Let cool then put it in the refrigerator till completely chilled.
- Now slice while it's cold and still in the loaf pan..
- Take a plate put it on top of the grits and flip the whole thing and let the grits ease out..
- Add seasoned salt to the flour.
- Beat the eggs.
- Dredge the grits slice in the flour.
- Now the eggs.
- Back into the flour and into the hot oil to fry..
- Fry turning as necessary.
- Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Repeat till done.
- Heat the oil and add the tomatoes.
- Smash the tomatoes a bit add the sugar..
- Add spices and stir simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add flour simmer 7 minutes keep stirring..
- Add water.
- Stir mixing the water with the flour tomatoes. It should be done..
- Serve tomato gravy atop the grit cakes..
Brown up some sausage and grate some cheddar cheese Place the battered grit cakes in a skillet over medium-high heat and fry them up. How to make Grits Cakes: If the grits are plain, I like to season them with onion and garlic powders, paprika, salt and pepper. Using leftovers, scoop soft grits onto a piece of waxed paper. Remember those yummy garlic cheese grits we made last weekend? Well, we're about to turn these into some awesome grit cakes!