Citrus Ice Cream Cake with Berries and Yogurt.
You can cook Citrus Ice Cream Cake with Berries and Yogurt using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Citrus Ice Cream Cake with Berries and Yogurt
- You need of in total Your choice of berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries. You can use either just one type or a blend).
- You need of after straining Strained yogurt (strain the yogurt overnight).
- You need of Heavy cream (whipped with 1 tablespoon of sugar).
- Prepare of Milk (low fat).
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Strawberry or raspberry jam or sauce (I used homemade strawberry sauce).
- You need of few drops Vanilla essence.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Chopped orange or lemon peel.
- Prepare of for the base of the cake Your choice of cake, such as sponge fingers, sliced sponge cake, or pound cake.
Citrus Ice Cream Cake with Berries and Yogurt step by step
- Lightly grease the loaf pan with vegetable oil (not listed in the ingredients), and snugly line with plastic wrap. Use a large enough sheet of plastic wrap to allowing for ample margin..
- Put the strained yogurt, jam, and sugar in a bowl, and mix with a whisk. Add the milk, and mix..
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, then add to the bowl. Mix with a whisk. Add the lemon juice, citrus peel, and vanilla essence..
- While setting aside a few berries for decoration, add the rest to the bowl, and fold lightly with a rubber spatula..
- Sprinkle the berries for decoration on the bottom of the loaf pan, then pour the mixture over them. Drop the pan several times on a hard surface to release any trapped air..
- Line the sponge fingers on top, and press gently. Cover the cake entirely with the plastic wrap lined in the pan. Chill in the freezer overnight to harden..
- Set the pan over a hot water bath for a few seconds. Take out the cake wrapped in the plastic wrap from the pan..
- Remove the plastic wrap. Warm up a knife, and slice the cake by holding the knife with both hands and press firmly to cut through..
- Do not serve the cake straight out of the freezer, since it will be too hard to cut. Leave the cake at room temperature for 2-3 minutes, then serve when the surface of the cake is slightly soft and you can easily poke a fork through it..