Funnel Cakes. Just like the ones you get at the fair! This recipe comes from an old Pennsylvania Dutch cookbook that was in my grandmothers collection from Dutch Pantry. So what is a funnel cake?
Finding the right size funnel in my area has been difficult so we just drizzle them out of a small glass measuring cup. Funnel cakes are made of a simple pancake-esque batter that's drizzled into a pot of hot oil. Everyone Loves The Funnel Cakes From The Carnivals And Fair. You can cook Funnel Cakes using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Funnel Cakes
- Prepare 2 of eggs 1 cups of milk 1 cup water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract 3 cups all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar 3 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Prepare of Oil for deep frying Confectioners' sugar to sprinkle on top.
Now You Can Make Them At Home With This Easy Funnel Cake Recipe. See more ideas about Funnel cake, Funnel cake recipe, Fair food recipes. This recipe for mini funnel cakes are just like the ones you find at the State Fair, only in a smaller size! How to Make a Funnel Cake.
Funnel Cakes instructions
- Mix all ingredents together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour batter into a zip lock gallon bag.
- Cut corner of bag, bigger the cut faster and thicker the batter will come out.
- Pour into pre heated oil in a large pot/deep dish pan. Make circles of all different sizes as u pour batter in..
- Give about 2-3 mins a side or until side is golden brown..
- Remove cooked funnel cake place on baking sheet with a papertowel underneath to soak up some of the oil.
- Sprinkle Confectioners sugar on top..
- And Enjoy!!!.
No carnival or county fair is complete without a big plate of sweet, rich funnel cake. How to Make a Funnel Cake. Funnel Cake Fries are delicious snacks that are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Perfect for a party served with your. Funnel Cakes – a summer fair classic treat that's sweet and crispy served piping hot and dusted with a snowfall of powdered sugar and just about anything else you can think of.