Mung Bean Cakes. Mung bean cake (lvdougao) is a traditional and popular Chinese dessert in summer. The main ingredient, mung beans or sometimes called as green mung bean is a common and daily ingredient. They detox your body, quench your thirst, retain fluid and keep your skin healthy and beautiful.
A simple dessert with a minimum amount of ingredients. A wide variety of mung bean cakes options are available to you. Mung beans can be found in Asian markets, or Asian sections of larger supermarkets. You can have Mung Bean Cakes using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mung Bean Cakes
- You need 1 cup of peeled green beans.
- You need 2 Tbs of sugar.
- Prepare 4.5 Tbs of maple syrup.
- Prepare 4 Tbs of low-fat, salt-free butter (soften).
- It’s of (Note: You may increase butter to 5.5 Tbs).
This is a very dense, moist cake. Mung Bean PopsiclesThe Woks of Life. mung beans, rice flour, cold water, rock sugar. Mung Bean CakeChina Sichuan Food. mung beans, sugar, vegetable oil, salt, butter, matcha powder. Traditional Sesame Mung Bean Cake (古早味麻油绿豆糕） – Guai Shu Shu.
Mung Bean Cakes step by step
- Rinse the mung bean several times with water until the water is clear, soak in water overnight. (add water at least 3 inches above the top of the beans.).
- Drain, after soaking. Set the steamer: Add enough water in the bottom of the pot. Cover the steamer and bring the water to boil. Place mung beans in the steamer and steam for 30 minutes. (you may cover a parchment paper under the lid to prevent extra water falling in to the beans.) Check the cooked mung beans: It should have a soft texture when squeezed between your fingers..
- Meanwhile, prepare Mooncake Mold: I use the jelly mold, rinse it with hot water, and set dry. (You can apply a thin layer of oil in the mold to help demolding if needed).
- Use a food processor to break the steamed mung beans into fine powder when it is still hot..
- Add sugar, maple syrup, and butter into the food processor. Blend everything together until smoothly. (This is "Mung bean paste" which can be used as a filling for other desserts).
- Preheat a pan, use a paper towel to apply a thin layer of oil to the bottom of the pan. Fold the mung bean paste over medium/small heat until the paste dries up and become a soft/ smooth dough..
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and let it cool down a bit about 5 minutes. Wear gloves, apply a little butter on the gloves. Take a small portion of the mung bean paste then roll it into a round ball (about 30 g per ball). Gently press it into mold..
- Let it cool down more in the mold about 10 minutes. Put a parchment paper on the cooling grid, demold the mung bean cake on it, let sit until completely cool down. Enjoy it directly or chill in the refrigerator then eat it cold as the iced mung bean cake. (This is a low-fat formula, so the product is easy to break/crack, depending on personal preference, you may increase the amount of butter to 5.5 tablespoons).
INTRODUCTION In Singapore and Malaysia, we all know of a Chinese New Year cookies, lek tao Ko or mung bean. Find mung bean cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Mung bean cake (lvdougao) is a traditional and popular Chinese dessert in summer. One batch of the cakes are custard yellow while the other batch is matcha green( reproduce the green color of the. Mung Bean Cake & Mung Bean Mooncake.