Zebra Design Cake. Come See our Unique Cake Gifts! See more ideas about Zebra cake, Cupcake cakes, Cake. Zebra Print Cake, Zebra Print Cupcakes, Birthday Cake EdiblePartyImages.
Be it your kid's birthday or any other occasion, zebra theme cake is a real head turner. More than that, this is one of those very few cake designs that you can decorate with little effort. Even though it does not carry vibrant colors like orange, light green or yellow, yet black and white zebra patterns are quite enough to grab some eyeballs. You can cook Zebra Design Cake using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zebra Design Cake
- You need 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 cup of curd.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s as needed of Milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coco powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
Zebra Cakes look trickier than they are. I can promise you that this is an easy cake to make, because you already know I'm not a fancy baker. Most of my cakes are sheet cakes topped with a glaze or a sprinkling of powdered sugar. This simple Brown Sugar Pound Cake is a basic bundt cake with a simple Caramel Glaze.
Zebra Design Cake instructions
- Take 1 cup curd in a bowl. Beat it and add baking powder and baking soda to it. Stir well and keep aside for 10 minutes. Mean while preheat the oven at 180o C or 350o F for 10 minutes. Grease a 8" cake pan or line it with a parchment paper..
- Sieve the wheat flour twice and keep aside. The curd will turn frothy in 10 minutes. Add powdered sugar to it. Mix well. Now to this curd sugar mixture add oil and vanilla extract. Keep stirring gently to mix everything..
- Slowly add sieved whole wheat flour to the wet ingredients little at a time and blend with a spatula. Do not over beat..
- Pour half of this batter in another bowl. Add sieved coco powder into it and blend well. If the batter appears a little dry, add little milk and adjust it's consistency..
- Take 2 tbsp. of the light batter and pour it in the center of the greased cake pan. Tap gently so that the layer spreads. Now take 2 tbsp. of dark (chocolate) batter and add in the center of the light batter. Tap again gently and let it spread too.
- Continue this process till you finish both the batters to get enough light and dark circles.The batter spreads in layers and reaches the circumference of the pan..
- We can see a lovely pattern of alternate light and dark batter.This is the Zebra pattern. You can right away transfer the cake pan to a preheated oven at this stage and bake it for 30-35 minutes to get a lovely Zebra cake..
- Follow this step to get a pattern. Take a toothpick and starting from the center of the cake pan strike a straight line towards the edge..
- Similarly make lines in between those lines starting from the edge to the center of the cake pan. (now the tooth pick will move in the opposite direction). This gives a beautiful flower pattern..
- Place the cake pan in a preheated oven and bake at 180 o C for 30-35 minutes or until a tester tooth pick comes out clean..
- Allow the cake to cool down completely before flipping it. Cut it into desired shape and enjoy with your loved ones..
- I hope you would love to give this recipe a try..
Transfer one cake, trimmed-side up, to a cake plate or stand lined with parchment strips. Place remaining cake layer on top, trimmed-side down. Spread remaining frosting evenly over top and sides of cake. This fun and festive recipe combines chocolate and vanilla batter in the pan to create "zebra" stripes satisfying everyone, especially those who love a touch. This is such a fantastic surprise-inside cake and a fun alternative to a traditional chocolate and vanilla marbled cake.