Recipe: Appetizing Fish Cakes
Fish Cakes. Rustle up some tasty fish cakes. They're easy to make and a great way of using leftover potatoes or fish. Make for starters or as part of a midweek meal.
I stumbled upon this simple recipe that is fool proof!! Served with some nice lemon slices, this is a beaut. Make a little fish go further by shaping it into fish cakes. You can cook Fish Cakes using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish Cakes
- It’s 400 gms of haddock fillet. You can use salmon, cod).
- It’s 1 of large potato.
- It’s 1 of large or 2 small carrots.
- Prepare of Fresh herbs – thyme, coriander, spring onion, parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of roasted ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika (optional).
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Some liquid milk to poach the fish.
- You need of Bread crumbs.
- It’s of Oil to fry and little butter.
Combine any fish – salmon, cod, mackerel, even shellfish like crab – with a little cooked potato or even cooked broccoli for. Try our best fishcakes, including crab cakes and cod cakes, and fishcakes using haddock, salmon and tuna. Forget the days of stodgy bland fishcakes, these fish delights. See more ideas about Seafood recipes, Cooking recipes, Fish recipes.
Fish Cakes step by step
- Start by poaching the fish. Prepare the fish by placing the fish fillet in a microwave proof bowl. Add some milk enough to cover the fish..
- Cover and steam in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes..
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the poached fish from the milk. Leave aside..
- Next steam the root vegetables. Peel and cut the carrot and potato, cut in chunks..
- In the same bowl of milk add the cut vegetables, season with some salt. Cover and steam for about 5-8 minutes until softened. Cook longer if needed..
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the cooked vegetables. Keep some of the milk to add to the mashed vegetables if needed..
- Place in a mixing bowl. Add all the seasoning ingredients..
- Using a fork flake the steamed fish, fold into the mashed vegetables..
- Season with salt and pepper. Carefully add the fresh herbs to the mixture..
- Divide the mixture into four portions. Gently pat into a ball and shape into four fish cakes..
- Place some breadcrumbs on a plate. Coat the fish cakes generously with the breadcrumbs..
- You can either keep refrigerated and shallow fry when ready to eat..
- Shallow fry in a nonstick pan 2 minutes on each sides until golden. Finish off with a little butter for the finished golden look..
- Serve warm with some salad..
- To note these fish cakes can be frozen. Place on a square of parchment paper when freezing, as it will be easy to keep them separated apart. And easy to remove them individually when needed..
Enjoyed throughout Atlantic Canada and the Maritime, fish cakes are a classic dish. Although some people enjoy them for breakfast, many others eat them for lunch and dinner as well. ⬇ Download fish cakes – stock images and pictures in the best photography agency ✔ reasonable prices ✔ millions of high quality and royalty-free stock photos and images. Looking for the best Fish Cakes recipes? Get recipes like Tuna Patties, Salmon Patties and Cod Delicious cod fish cakes with fresh cod fillets, potatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, and. These quick and easy fish cakes are fun appetizer or main course made with cod, or you favorite white fish.