Fruit Cocktail Cake. Fruit Cocktail Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Fruit Cocktail Cake (from a Cake Mix)Food.com. coconut, yellow cake mix, brown sugar, coconut chips, cake mix, oil, flavoring, eggs. This Fruit Cocktail Cake recipe is going to be a HUGE family favorite.
While cake is cooling make the icing. Put butter ,sugar and evaporated milk in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil. · This delicious cake is made with fruit cocktail in the batter & has a streusel-nut topping. You can have Fruit Cocktail Cake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fruit Cocktail Cake
- Prepare 2 cups of self rising flour.
- You need 15 oz of fruit cocktail in heavy syrup (undrained).
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweetened coconut flakes.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
A boiled coconut topping is poured over the cake while hot. I prefer the thicker version, but when I bake it for my. If you've never had fruit cocktail cake before, you cannot imagine how delicious it is. For the cake you'll need : Self rising flour, vanilla, sugar, eggs, and a can of fruit cocktail in heavy syrup.
Fruit Cocktail Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9×13 pan..
- Mix first 5 ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into pan and bake 30-35 minutes..
- Poke a few holes in cake with a fork..
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil for 1 minute..
- Pour warm sauce over warm cake, spread coconut and pecans evenly..
This upside-down fruit cocktail cake is a spongy, relatively light cake with a fabulous fruity topping. Moist and subtly fruity, this cake is a must try! To my surprise, this cake was totally delicious. The juice from the fruit cocktail creates a moist crumb, and while I wouldn't call this cake fluffy, it's. Our most trusted Fruit Cocktail Cake recipes.