How to Marzipan a Cake. We show you how to marzipan a cake. Marzipan is a confection consisting primarily of ground almonds and some sweetener, usually sugar or honey. If you want to make marzipan from scratch, this article includes two recipes to make this delicious sweet found in cakes and candies.
If you use a cake recipe that's specifically designed for decorating as well as the correct tin size, the cake will ideally be level and won't need trimming. Which kind of cake are you looking for? Be it Christmas cake or wedding cake, watch how easy it really is by following our techniques. You can cook How to Marzipan a Cake using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of How to Marzipan a Cake
- It’s 1 lb of marzipan.
- Prepare of For the glaze:.
- You need 6 of ozs apricot jam, warmed with 2-3 tablespoons water, then sieved.
Cut away the excess marzipan around the base of the cake. Use the icing smoother and/or sidescraper to rub the surface of the marzipan smooth. Prepare a cake fit for a princess with this beautiful creation complete with layers of raspberry preserves and vanilla pudding. MORE+ LESS Marzipan is so incredibly delicious, as it is made with almonds.
How to Marzipan a Cake step by step
- Place almost half of the marzipan on a surface dredged with icing sugar, or between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll out evenly until a little larger than the top of the cake and cut out a round about 1/2 inch larger than the top of the cake. Set aside..
- Roll out the remaining marzipan, including the trimmings, to a strip. Cut two lengths of string, one the circumference of the cake the other the exact height of the cake. Using the string as a guide, cut the maripan into strips the same width and circumference as the cake..
- Stand the cake on a cake board. Brush the sides of the cake with the apricot glaze and fit the strips of marzipan around the cake. Press the ends together with a round-bladed knife.
- Brush the top of the cake with the apricot glaze and position the circle of marzipan on top. Press the edges together with the round-bladed knife. If the marzipan is too moist, rub lightly all over with sifted icing sugar..
- Store the cake, uncovered, in a warmish place for at least 24 hours, and preferably a little longer, until dry. If the marzipan is still wet when the icing is added the oils will seep into the icing and make unattractive stains..
I find that it complements a vanilla cake that is filled with fresh fruit, whipped cream, and vanilla cream; like my "Norwegian Cream Cake". Watch the video below how to cover a cake with marzipan. Supplies and tool list But marzipan is also perfect for creating shapes and figures. I'm sure you've seen those incredible, whimsical marzipan animal creations atop a cake or behind the counter at a Place the marzipan and sugar in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse until it is the texture of coarse meal. Today I'm going to show you how to marzipan a Christmas cake.