Cherry cupcakes. These cherry cupcakes feature a soft pink cupcake filled with maraschino cherries and covered with creamy maraschino cherry buttercream. They're delicious and they're even easy to make! Cherry Coke Cupcakes with Cola Frosting
Cherry cupcakes are perfect for cherry lovers! There are two fresh or maraschino cherries baked into each cupcake sweetened with brown sugar. This Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes Recipe is perfect for National Cherry Month, Valentine's Day or any time of year! You can cook Cherry cupcakes using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cherry cupcakes
- It’s of For cupcake batter:.
- You need 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 (21 oz) of can of cherry pie filling.
- It’s of For Buttercream:.
- It’s 1 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 1 cup of lightly salted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of meringue powder.
- You need 3 tsp of pure vanilla.
- You need 2 lbs of (about 8 cups) powdered sugar.
- You need 4-6 Tbsp of water (depending on consistency desired).
- You need 1/4 tsp of table salt.
These soft, moist cupcakes have delightful cherry flavor, both in the cake, and in their pretty pink frosting. If you like chocolate covered cherries, you are going to love these Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes to cover the jam, leaving the edge exposed. Top each with a maraschino cherry.
Cherry cupcakes step by step
- For the cupcake: At room tempterature beat unsalted butter at medium speed until creamy. Pour in sugar and beat well. Add 2 eggs one at a time, before adding the next make sure it is well combined..
- Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk. Beat until it is smooth..
- Take a cupcake baking tray and add cupcake liners and pour the batter into individual baking cups, until they are about 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Should get 24 -18 cupcakes..
- For the butter cream: Measure water, put in small cup and add salt. Stir to dissolve..
- Mix butter and Crisco on low until combined. Add meringue powder and vanilla extract. Mix on low to combine..
- Add powdered sugar gradually, still mixing on low..
- Gradually add salted water and mix on low for 1-2 minutes until well combined, scraping paddle and sides of bowl as necessary..
- You will need a pastry bag and a tip #48..
- I made these cupcakes 2 ways. First one I cut a hole in the top part center of the cupcake and filled it with cherry pie filling and did this with a few i was serving right away the rest i didnt fill..
- I took a little bit of brown icing food coloring and dyed the icing a light brown. Then I iced the top of each cupcake. Then i put a spoonful of cherry pie filling and placed in on top..
- I filled my pastery bag filled with buttercream and the tip on it. I decorated it like you would see it look like the sides and top of a cherry pie..
If you like Bakewell tarts, you'll love these cute almond and cherry cupcakes. They make a great addition to a bake sale. I have seen a few recipes using cherry pie filling, some eggs and a. Quick and easy cherry cheesecake cupcakes are filled with a cream cheese filling and topped with cherry pie filling. The Cherry Cupcakes recipe out of our category cherry tart!