Jamaican Christmas Cake. Rich Christmas Cake – Grace Foods Creative Cooking Christmas Series. Soaking fruit for jamaican /caribbean rum cake aka black cake. Jamaican Christmas cake, which is also referred to as Jamaican black cake has long been the most popular Jamaican dessert in Jamaica.
But remember, the key is steeping. CHRISTMAS CAKE – (WEDDING CAKE TOO) Welcome to Jamaican Food / Christmas Cake Learn how to bake Jamaican food Christmas Cake. Is the most popular Jamaican food. You can cook Jamaican Christmas Cake using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Christmas Cake
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Jamaican white over proof rum.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of port wine or red label wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of currants.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dates.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried prunes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- Prepare 1 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1 of grated zest from one lime.
- It’s 1 cup of dark molasses.
- You need 2 tbs of browning.
- You need 1 tbs of lime juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 9 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of butter.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 cups of brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground all spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground clove.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need Pinch of salt.
Chef Sian Jamaican Black Cake Recipe (Caribbean Christmas Cake) – Jamaicans.com. If you know anything at all about West-Indian Caribbean culture you already know that Jamaican Black Cake is a. Jamaican Fruit Cake Recipe aka 'Jamaican Chrismus Cake'. The preparation is certainly not as difficult as you might have initially This fruit cake is a delicacy at Christmas time in Jamaica.
Jamaican Christmas Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degree then grease and flour 2 round baking pans or which size pan u choose..
- In a blender add rum, wine, dates, raisins,cherries with their liquid, prunes, currants, chopped almond, orange juice and blend until all the fruits are chopped. Let sit for 1hr (2days is way better 😀).
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter. Then add eggs mix well.
- Add molasses, browning, blended fruit mixture, lime juice, vanilla, almond extract and stir.
- Add flour, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, lime zest and stir. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your baking pans and bake for 1hr. You can put some cherries in the center of the batter if you wish. Stick a toothpick in the middle to ensure it's done. Tooth pick will come out clean if it's done. Enjoy!.
Jamaican Christmas cake basically uses the same method; the only difference is, it is steamed instead of baked. The pudding has a more moist texture than the cake. At CakeClicks.com find thousands of cakes categorized into thousands of categories. Recipe for The Jamaican Christmas Cake. My dear wife has kindly consented to share a Christmas Cake recipe with you.