Couscous Cakes. Did you ever have one of those Mondays where you get so much done and have tons of energy? The Best Couscous Cakes Recipes on Yummly Couscous Cakes, Couscous Feta Cakes, Fried Couscous Cakes.
So I take the relaxed route by using leftovers (remember that extra couscous. If you're looking to get creative in the kitchen tonight then why not try vegan couscous cakes with a cucumber and bean sprout salad? This simple chocolate loaf cake is a delight with its soft crumb and crunchy pops of pecan nuts, all slathered in velvety chocolate buttercream. You can have Couscous Cakes using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Couscous Cakes
- You need 2 cup of Cooked Couscous (I always use Roasted Garlic flavored).
- Prepare 2 of Eggs, beaten lightly.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh basil, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Olive Oil.
Couscous has to be one of the most underrated ingredients in the kitchen. Both regular and Israeli couscous can be made with white semolina flour or whole-wheat semolina flour. In a medium bowl, mix together the couscous, coriander, egg, egg yolk, coriander, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Couscous cake is a type of dish that is created using couscous as a primary ingredient, which usually has a cake-like shape and form.
Couscous Cakes step by step
- In a bowl, combine couscous, eggs, cheese and basil. Mix well with hands..
- Sprinkle flour over the top and mix again..
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet..
- Form couscous mixture into patties. (I use a 1/2 cup measuring cup, pushing the mix in lightly and then turning it out into the pan).
- Gently press the cakes down with a spatula to flatten slightly..
- Brown on both sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side..
- Drain cakes on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve. I always like to serve with thickly sliced tomatoes, but they are delicious all on their own..
Couscous is a type of pasta that is made from grain and semolina. These Couscous Feta Cakes (or couscous fritters) are made with couscous, egg, feta cheese, bell pepper, garlic and onion. This mixture is quite soft and will produce light, moist cakes. Put the couscous, salt and cumin in a bowl. Add the boiling water or stock and combine.