Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Glaze. A lovely, simple Glazed Lemon Cake – perfect tea time treat. You'll love the bright lemon flavour, that it's so You'll love the bright lemon flavour, that it's so beautifully moist and only requires one bowl and a whisk! Finished with a lemon glaze, this is a simple cake that you can whip up on short notice.
The best lemon pound cake recipe full of lemon juice and lemon zest! So moist, and topped with a delicious lemon glaze making it irresistible. How to store lemon pound cake: Allow the cake to cool completely before storing. You can have Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Glaze using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Glaze
- It’s of Cake Batter:.
- Prepare 2 cups of + 2 tbsp. all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp. of lemon zest (from 5-6 large lemons).
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 large lemons).
- You need 3/4 cup of plain, full fat Greek yogurt, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 3 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need 1 of large egg yolk, at room temperature.
- Prepare of Lemon Glaze:.
- You need 2 cups of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or place in an airtight container. How to make the best lemon sheet cake with a simple powdered sugar glaze. Light and fluffy, it's hands down my family's favorite lemon cake recipe. My mom and grandma must have both had the same lemon cake recipe, because growing up, I remember both of them making this cake.
Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Glaze instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a 9×13" baking pan with non-stick baking spray and set it aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt, then set that aside. In a small bowl or a measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, yogurt and vanilla extract and set it aside..
- In a large bowl, use either a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer to beat the sugar and lemon zest together on medium speed for about a minute, until the sugar has moistened and is fragrant. Then beat in the butter for 2-3 minutes, until the color lightens and it becomes fluffy. Add the eggs and egg yolk one at a time, beating between each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed..
- On low speed, add in 1/3 of the flour mixture, mix until mostly combined, then mix in 1/2 of the yogurt mixture. Then another 1/3 of flour mixture mixed in, followed by the rest of the yogurt mixture. End with mixing in the remaining flour mixture until it's all just incorporated. Then transfer the batter to the pan and smooth it out..
- Bake for 23-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. While its baking, make the glaze. In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar and lemon juice until smooth. It should be thick, but with a pourable consistency. Set it aside until the cake is done baking..
- As soon as the cake is finished and you take it out of the oven, pour the glaze evenly over the hot cake and smooth it out gently. Then allow the cake to cool in the pan on a wire rack until cooled and the glaze has set (about a hour). Then slice it into squares with a sharp knife (for clean cuts, wipe the knife in between cuts). Store leftover cake tightly covered at room temperature..
This simple lemon sheet cake is so bright and refreshing, and packed with a lemon punch that delivers its titled promise. It has a soft, velvety crumb, incomparable moistness, and a light, fluffy texture The lemony cake is topped with a crystalline-thin layer of lemon glaze, just like the one that covers donuts. Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Glaze from The Food Charlatan. This recipe feeds a crowd and is super easy to make. #lemon #cake #sheetcake #lemoncake #citrus #summer #easy #recipe #zest #tart #withglaze #fromscratch #homemade #glaze #best #Texas #simple #dessert #feedsacrowd. This sweet, tangy Lemon-Glazed Sheet Cake has a delicate crumb and serves a crowd.