Recipe: Perfect Swiss roll ice cream cake#icecream fanatics
Swiss roll ice cream cake#icecream fanatics. How to make an ice cream cake: Covered in swiss roll slices are layers of ice cream, homemade chocolate fudge sauce and strawberries. To make the cake all you have to do is slice Swiss Cake Rolls into small pieces. You then line a spring form pan (you can use a cake pan if you do not have one) with the slices.
The colorful swirls of the Swiss roll make a vibrant, drool-worthy outside. And each slice reveals an even prettier ice cream filling inside. It's easy to make, it looks fancy, and it tastes like a fruit-filled summer day. You can have Swiss roll ice cream cake#icecream fanatics using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swiss roll ice cream cake#icecream fanatics
- It’s of Custard ice cream or normal vanilla icecream.
- It’s of For the cake*3 eggs.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of baking flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of oil.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of drops vanilla essence.
- Prepare of strawberry jam.
I make 'Swiss rolls' nearly every weekend (personal challenge…) and I will try this variation of separating the eggs. My own recipe calls for, what I call, a cold Genoise batter (whole eggs and sugar whipped, cake flour folded in). This cake roll does not taste like coffee at all- trust me, my husband who detests coffee would have noticed. And there's so little that I wouldn't be concerned So good!
Swiss roll ice cream cake#icecream fanatics step by step
- Make the Swiss roll ; separate the egg yolks from whites in different bowls..
- Add in 1/4 cup sugar in the yolks and beat until creamy.
- Add in this vanilla essence,milk and oil.beat.
- Sieve the flour into it and fold it in.
- Whip the egg whites in their separate bowl.add 1/4 cup sugar and whip until soft peaks form.
- Mix the whites mix into the flour batter and fold it in.do this in 3 parts.when fully combined,pour out on a greased baking tray for swissroll cake and bake at 180' for 15-20 mins.
- When baked remove on a paper and fold it until completely cooled.
- When cool, open the cake and spread some jam on it.use my custard recipe for home made custard ice cream or vanilla icecream and spread the iceream on it and fold again.
- Freeze to set for 2- 3 hours.serve with some strawberry sauce or with some cocoa touch or just plain.taste of ice cream blending into the cake is just scrumptious..
The cake roll cracked but we just fixed it up with some ganache glaze. We replaced the filling with ice cream and it turned out amazing! Continue layering ice cream and alternating syrups, ending with ice cream. Place remaining swiss roll slices on top. To serve, invert onto serving dish, remove plastic wrap and garnish with additional sundae syrups.