Sig's German little Apple Cakes. Brush the halved bread rolls with garlic, mix the oil with the herbs and more garlic if you like, brush over bread. German Apple Cake (Versunkener Apfelkuchen) is a traditional German dessert that is so easy to make even if you aren't totally kitchen confident! Topping the cake as is with a heavy cream cheese frosting was just too much.
Cinnamon floats throughout as a mild but definitely present flavor and the cream cheese is not thick; just a thin coating, adding a delicious end touch. I'm calling this apple cake the quintessential autumn dessert. Not only it is easy to make, it doesn't require the use of a stand mixer or electric hand I'm not really sure why it's called "German" apple cake. You can cook Sig's German little Apple Cakes using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's German little Apple Cakes
- Prepare 3-4 of medium sharp to sweet apples.
- It’s 120 ml of olive or rapeseed oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 300 grams of plain flour.
- It’s 1 of vanilla bean, seeds only.
- Prepare 250 gram of quark.
- It’s 1-2 sheets of baking paper, important.
- It’s 100 grams of castor sugar + 6 teaspoons separate.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of cinnamon.
I tried to search for an explanation, but this one by Edible Rhody is the best one I could find. This is a delicious, simple German apple or apfel cake. The apfel cake is rustic and not-too-sweet. It is a welcome change from the rich, sugary cakes you.
Sig's German little Apple Cakes instructions
- Using 3 to 4 medium size apples that are somewhere between sharp and sweet, peel them then roughly cut them into pieces. It does not matter if they are irregular as that adds to the juiciness. Set the pieces of apple aside. Preheat oven to 200°C fan °C 180.
- I mixed the flower and oil together with the baking powder and quark. It will become a thickish mass, this is perfectly fine..
- Add in sugar, scraped vanilla bean seeds, mix very well, again dough will be sticky and thick. Mix in apples very well, it's ok to almost mash some of the apples and leave some in larger pieces. I do this by hand but you can use a mixer if you want. Line baking tray with baking paper, form little balls..
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Slightly cool. In the meantime mix 3 teaspoons fine or caster sugar with 6 teaspoons of sugar. You can adjust this amount to preference and add other spices to your liking. Eat warm or cold..
German Apple Cake is a family favourite, Growing up with traditional German fare was great, and much of it can be made vegan as well! German Apple Cake (Apfelkuchen) is a traditional German cake that is so easy to make even if you aren't totally kitchen confident. Made with fresh apples baked into a dense butter dough and topped with sugar, this moist and buttery cake is the perfect dessert. German Apple Cake (Versunkener Apfelkuchen) is so incredibly delicious. A fancy looking cake that is so easy to make.