Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake. Upside-down cake has all the textures you could ever want. Starting from the bottom, it's got a moist and tender butter cake. This one is enriched with This version takes the classic upside-down cake and turns it on its head.
The last time this happened, dad swore like a sailor, threw the whole cake in the sink, and vowed to never attempt an apple upside down cake again. This Apple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized apple topping and a cinnamon vanilla cake. Easy to make and perfect for fall! You can cook Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of stevia-sugar blend.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of grated carrots.
- It’s 2 of apple (saved 12 thinly sliced, then minced the remaining).
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of allspice powder.
- You need of lemon zest.
I love summer, but I have to say that I'm kind of excited that September is finally here. Not only does it mean cooler weather, but it also means apples are in..simple recipes for Pineapple Upside-Down Carrot Cake, Sweet Potato-Pecan Upside-Down Cake, and more. Upside-Down Cake Serving Tip Flip an upside-down cake out of the pan when it's still hot Easy Upside Down Cakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Almost burnt down the house, but it was totally worth it!
Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake step by step
- Mix the dry ingredients: sifted flour, sugar, stevia-sugar blend, baking powder, baking soda salt and allspice..
- Mix separately the eggs and olive oil..
- Gradually pour the dry mixture to the wet mixture..
- Once mixed, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, carrots and minced apples..
- Arrange the apple slices into circular form at the bottom of the mold..
- Pour into a mold and put baked into a preheated oven at 200 degree C, for 30-45 minutes..
- Let it cool for 15 minutes..
- Turn the mold upside-down into a pan..
- (Optional) Add confectioner sugar and more additional shredded carrots for decorations..
This apple cake is absolutely scrumptious! Especially with a side of vanilla ice cream. Cake you can make in a skillet? This carrot cake/carrot muffins is in my to do list since long and I set my apron to bake this cake to pack it when we were on a short trip to Kerala. This apple upside-down cake is a wonderful twist on an old favorite.