Easy Fish Cakes. This is an easy recipe that taste great, hope you like it. Rustle up some tasty fish cakes. They're easy to make and a great way of using leftover potatoes or Fish cakes are a great freezer staple as they are ready portioned so you can defrost as many as you.
Make a little fish go further by shaping it into fish cakes. Combine any fish – salmon, cod, mackerel, even shellfish like crab – with a little cooked potato or even cooked broccoli for. Try this delicious fish cake recipe for a tasty, healthy lunch or dinner. You can cook Easy Fish Cakes using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Fish Cakes
- You need 500 g of White Fish Offcuts OR Fillets (Frozen OR Fresh) *cod, whiting, etc.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped Parsley *OR Dill, Chives, Spring Onion, etc.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare of Freshly Ground Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Self-Raising Flour.
- Prepare of Oil for cooking.
- It’s of <Parsley Cream Sauce>.
- Prepare 20 g of Butter.
- It’s 1 of heaped tablespoon (20g) Flour.
- Prepare of Milk that is used to cook Fish *You would need about 200 ml Milk.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped Parsley.
Quick and easy to make, great Salmon and haddock fish cakes come served with a easy to make tomato mayo in this dish from. Fish cakes are easy to make and a great way to make use of both tinned and leftover fish. Find recipes for crab cakes, salmon fishcakes, haddock fish cakes, Thai-inspired fish cakes and lots. Fish Cakes can be so dull and boring.
Easy Fish Cakes instructions
- Heat Fish, Milk and Bay Leaf in a frying pan over high heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for a few minutes or until Fish are cooked. Set aside to cool..
- Transfer the cooled (*warm is fine) Fish to a large bowl and flake coarsely using a fork. *Note: Do not waste the Milk, that can be used to make ‘Parsley Cream Sauce’..
- Add Onion, Herb, Egg, Salt and White Pepper, and mix to combine. Add Self-Raising Flour and combine. Add extra 1-2 tablespoons if required..
- Heat a generous amount of Oil in a frying pan over medium low heat, and cook until golden on both sides and cooked through. *Note: Cook them in the same way as cooking pancakes..
- Serve with your favourite sauce..
- *How to make ‘Parsley Sauce’: Melt Butter in a small saucepan. Add Flour and stir using a wooden spoon until smooth. Gradually add the reserved Milk, stirring constantly, until desired thickness is achieved. Add some finely chopped Parsley leaves and mix well..
But THAI Fish Cakes are FABULOUS! Surprisingly easy to make at home – all you need is fish, red curry paste, egg, rice flour and fish sauce. An easy baby and kid friendly fish recipe your child will eat, fish cakes for kids and babies. Quick and delicious with a tasty dip to serve alongside your kid's fish cakes. Plus, tips for serving to babies and.