How to Make Yummy My mom's Chilean pound cake
My mom's Chilean pound cake. A nice rich chocolate pound cake is made from ingredients you probably keep around the house. My mom made this when we were little and it was a real treat to have this as a decadent coffee cake. This is good without any topping, but I have tried a variety of things on the top: melted chocolate frosting.
My mom's dark chocolate pound cake was the dessert my brother and I grew up fighting over. It's a rich and easy cake to make. And now, after years of having my mom make this cake, I have taken the reins. You can have My mom's Chilean pound cake using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My mom's Chilean pound cake
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 3 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of orange.
Since I cannot leave well enough alone, I have given this recipe a. Welcome to another episode of Sunday Cooking with Mom and Me. Join us as we show you how to make one of the best pound cakes you will ever. I am a RN (hospice), and I love gourmet cooking, animals and compose inspirational music.
My mom's Chilean pound cake instructions
- Pre heat the oven at 180 °C.
- Beat sugar and eggs together with electric mixer..
- Melt butter, then add butter and milk to the mix..
- Pass the flour and baking powder through a strainer before adding to the dough. Incorporate to the mix..
- Squeeze the juice and grate the skin of about 1/3 or 1/2 of the orange (depending on size of orange and desired taste). Add to the dough and mix. Dough should be liquid enough to pour into the mold but very thick..
- OPTIONAL: for flavoring, you may change the orange for lemon, cocoa powder, 1 tbp vanilla essence, anise, etc..
- Spread some oil on the inside surfaces of the mold, pour the mix in evenly and put inside the oven for 40 to 60 minutes. Do not open the oven door before 40 minutes as it might become flat..
- Remove from the oven and stick a pointy knife in the middle of the cake until you reach the bottom of the mold. Remove the knife, if it comes out with batter or stains from it, put back in the oven for about 10 minutes. Repeat this process until knife comes out mostly clean..
- Let rest for about 10 minutes and preferably serve warm. You can also serve it cool after it has cooled down. Keep in an airtight container, preferably at room temperature as the fridge might make it become stiff..
- OPTIONAL: decorate the top with frosting, melted chocolate, fruits, sprinkles, etc. You may also serve a slice with honey or syrup on top.
I am also the owner and artisan baker for Mom's Pound Cakes. Another cake my relatives ask my mom to make for them in lieu of Christmas gifts! This is my dad's all time favorite cake-he wants it for his birthday, Father's day–any excuse will do! Mom's Pound Cakes are gourmet pound cakes made by hand using nothing but the finest. Classic Pound Cake – A complete guide on how to make perfect, and delicious Pound Cake!