Fried Potato Cakes (Perkedel). A perfect side dish for Soto (see link below), and Jaklin's Spicy Vegan Vegetable Curry (also see link below). Bite sized and flavoursome they are the. Indonesian perkedel has more potatoes than meat.
Begedil / Perkedel (Fried Potato Patty with Fish) is a recipe I learning several years ago. A group of us ladies were invited by a friend to her house for post-Bible Study fellowship, which we jokingly refer to as 'Fei Lo Ship' ( 'Fat Man's Ship' in Cantonese). Perkedel kentang (Indonesian potato fritters) is a ubiquitous everyday side dish in Indonesian, and is popular for lunch, dinner, or even as snacks! You can have Fried Potato Cakes (Perkedel) using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Potato Cakes (Perkedel)
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s of Scallions.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Oil to fry.
The humble perkedel is tasty and filling, and you will spot these everywhere in Indonesia, from street hawkers, tiny Mom-and-Pop family restaurants, all the way. Padang-Style Mashed Potato Fritters (Perkedel Kenteng). To make these crisp-crusted fritters, mashed potatoes blended with pan-fried shallots and freshly grated nutmeg are dipped in beaten egg and fried. These quick and easy potato cakes will have all the family members coming back for more.
Fried Potato Cakes (Perkedel) instructions
- Clean and cut the potatoes into small pieces, then fry until it's softened, but not completely fried.
- Slice the scallions into thin slices.
- Smash the fried potatoes and add scallions, salt and lots of pepper, let it cool down a little bit before adding the egg.
- Once it's cool, add the egg and mix them well.
- Preheat a pan with some oil, form the mixture into round or oval shape then fry them until it's golden brown.
- Do not flip over until one side is Cooked.
- Remove from the oil, place it on wax paper or kitchen towel to get rid of excess oil.
- Serve it as your morning or afternoon Snacks.
Made one batch and it still very much like fried potatoes and sort of bland. So I added some shakes of garlic powder, paprika, added another egg and some grated cheese in the next batch, which took this to a. Potato Patties or perkedel kentang is Indonesian mashed potatoes patties. The word perkedel was derrived from Dutch frikadel. Shallots, garlic, candlenuts, nutmeg, white pepper, chopped Chinese celery are added into mashed potatoes mixture, then shaped into patties.