German Chocolate Cake. German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake from the United States filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. It owes its name to an English-American chocolate maker named Samuel German. A decadent German Chocolate Cake Recipe, made with an extra moist and fudgy chocolate cake, a rich caramel/coconut frosting, and iced with a sweet and simple.
Homemade German Chocolate Cake with layers of coconut pecan frosting and chocolate frosting. This decadent chocolate cake is layered with sweet coconut-pecan frosting. German Chocolate Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can cook German Chocolate Cake using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cake
- You need 2 Cups of All purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- You need 2 Cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- It’s 3 Teaspoons of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Instant Coffee.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of Canola.
- It’s 3 of Large Eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Full Fat Sour cream.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 4 Teaspoons of vanilla Extract.
- You need 2/3 Cups of Hot water.
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 4 of Eggs yolks.
- Prepare 10 oz of Evaporated Milk.
- It’s 2 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Sweetend Shredded Coconut.
- It’s 1 Cup of chopped Pecans.
- Prepare of Chocolate Butter Cream.
- Prepare 4 Sticks of Unsalted Butter.
- You need 7 1/2 Cups of Confectioners Sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- You need 1/3 cup of Heavy Cream.
- You need 4 teaspoons of Vanilla.
A German Chocolate Cake is an impressive looking cake. Three layers of moist chocolate cake that are stacked, one on top of another, with a sweet and gooey caramel flavored frosting. German Chocolate Cake is a layered chocolate cake that is both filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. The filling and/or topping is usually a buttery custard made with egg yolks and.
German Chocolate Cake step by step
- Mix all dry cake ingredients before adding the liquids. Add the liquids and beat with blender for 3 to 4 minutes..
- Grease (3) 9" round pans and add a piece of parchment paper to the bottom. Trace the pan on the parchment paper and cut inside the line about 1/4, place in pan and oil more on top of it..
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 23 to 27 mins, time will vary. Check with toothpick or fork in center to see if done..
- While cakes are baking, Mix the filling in a bowl. Chop your pecan with a knife and mix. Add to pan and cook on medium heat for 12 to 18 minutes sturning occasionally, the mix will thinken and caramelize when done..
- Take cakes out of the oven and let cool. Remove from pans and continue to let cool seperately, you will thank your self for the parchment paper inserts now..
- Chocolate butter cream, add soften butter and liquids and mix, then add in about a cup if dry mix as you go. You may need to add a splash of milk if to think. (I MADE THIS, AND WAS ALOT, I USED ABOUT 3/4 OF IT) you can save the rest if you have left overs..
- Layer the cake, add the mix onto the cake. I used an Ice cream scope and worked okay. Grt it on think and make level forcthe next level. Repeat and place the top cake on there. Leave about 1 scope or half cup for to topping..
- After the cake cools a bit more, add the chocolate buttercream all around, you have plenty to work with. Then add the remaining mix on top, sread out and add a little more chocolate buttercream to smooth out a circle around the mix. I put the cake in the fridge for 30 minutes after final assembly to harden the buttercream. Sit back out on the counter and get ready for the best German Chocolate Cake!… Have a glass of milk ready if you into this kinda thing..
I have long associated German Chocolate Cake with Father's Day, although I'm not entirely sure why. I think I remember my mom making it for my dad once or twice growing up (although never on. Real german chocolate cake made with sweet baker's chocolate, tangy buttermilk and filled with rich coconut How to make Authentic German chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting and creamy. This classic German Chocolate Cake combines rich chocolate cake layers with a sweet coconut German Chocolate Cake was actually named after American baker Samuel German, who worked for. This lightened version of a traditional German chocolate cake recipe keeps the flavor in the moist chocolate cake layers and the gooey coconut-pecan frosting.