Cotton Soft Fluffy Cupcakes with Buttercream Icing. Our favorite creamy and fluffy buttercream frosting that is still perfect for piping and decorating. Tint with food coloring for any occasion. After failing to find the perfect recipe for buttercream icing, I found one that worked for me and then added my own two cents.
So I haven't tried the new Starbucks frappe, BUT I have been noshing on purple frosting. I made these soft & fluffy funfetti cupcakes last month for our friend's. Cotton Cupcakes also known as Japanese Cupcakes is a super fluffy and light cupcake recipe. You can cook Cotton Soft Fluffy Cupcakes with Buttercream Icing using 16 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cotton Soft Fluffy Cupcakes with Buttercream Icing
- Prepare of For the Cup cakes:.
- It’s 55 grams of Cake Flour.
- Prepare 35 grams of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s 1.5 Tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 Pinch of Salt.
- It’s 20 grams of + 45 grams Granulated sugar.
- You need 33 ml of Milk.
- It’s 3 of Egg Yolks (Room Temperature).
- Prepare 3 of Egg Whites (Room Temperature).
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Cream of tartar.
- It’s of For the Buttercream Icing:.
- Prepare 227 grams of / 2 sticks Unsalted Butter (Room temperature).
- It’s 330 grams of Powdered/ Confectioners/ Icing sugar (Sifted).
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Whipping Cream (Room temperature).
- Prepare as needed of Icing Colour Gel.
Vanilla sponge cupcake recipe is soft so we call it Vanilla cupcakes with a mild lemon flavor in every bite. However, you can come up with your own variations like fluffy almond cupcakes (throw in. Beat Tararua Butter with an electric mixer until smooth, add Chelsea Caster Sugar and beat until light and fluffy. This spiced Gingerbread Cupcakes recipe with Cinnamon Vanilla Buttercream Frosting brings the nostalgia to the dessert table this holiday season!
Cotton Soft Fluffy Cupcakes with Buttercream Icing step by step
- Method for the Cupcakes:.
- Melt butter & salt on low heat. Add the milk. Keep whisking. Add 20 grams sugar. Cook just until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Let it cool..
- Transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Add the cake flour. Add all the egg yolks at once. Mix with the help of a balloon whisk until combined. *Do not over-mix..
- Place the egg whites in a bowl. Whisk for 30 seconds with an electric beater..
- Add the cream of tartar. Whisk again for 30 seconds. Add 45 grams sugar little by little. Keep whisking on high speed until stiff peaks form (About 3-5 minutes)..
- Turn a small amount of the egg white mixture to the egg yolks mixture. Mix well. Now, pour all of the yolk mixture to it. Fold until just incorporated. *Very important: Do not stir..
- Tap the filled pan a couple of times on the counter top to get the air bubbles out. Fill 3/4th of the cavities of a Muffin Pan lined with Cupcake Liners..
- Bake in a preheated oven 120 Degrees C/250 Degrees F for 23 minutes..
- Note: These are supposed to be Off-Whitish. Do not over bake or brown them. Baking time depends on the size of the pan. Do a Cake Test with the help of a toothpick. It should come out clean..
- Cool on wire rack..
- Decorate the cupcakes with the Buttercream icing. (Recipe below)..
- Method for the Buttercream Icing:.
- Place butter & sugar together in large mixing bowl. *Use a Stand Mixer or an Electric Hand Mixer. Start with low speed. Mix until light, smooth, silky & fluffy at medium-high speed. (*Should be done in less than 5 minutes in a Stand Mixer. 5-7 minutes if using a Hand Mixer)..
- Add the Vanilla, Cream & Colour. Mix for 30 seconds..
- Pour in a Piping Bag with your favorite Icing Tip/Nozzle attached & decorate the cup cakes. (I used Wilton Tip # 2D)..
- How to decorate:.
- 1.Apply a thin layer of the Buttercream with the help of a small spatula to cover the top of the Cupcakes so that the original colour doesn’t show..
- 2.Take a disposable Piping Bag. Place the Icing Tip in it. Cut off the tip of the bag to insert the Icing Tip. Fold the bag outwards into almost half. Fill the Buttercream with a medium spatula. *Do not touch with your fingers/hand. The butter will melt from your body heat. Fill only half the bag. Unfold the folded part upwards & twist it at the top..
- 3.Squeeze the Buttercream gently so that it reaches the tip..
- 4.Hold a Cupcake with your left hand. Hold the bag filled with the Buttercream with your right hand or vice versa. Start Icing from the middle & go outwards in a circular motion. Apply equal amount of pressure for consistency..
- Don’t stop in between. When the whole Cupcake is covered with the Icing, release pressure & taper off. Refill the bag as required. Repeat until all the Cupcakes are decorated..
- If you mess up, remove the Icing with the help of a small spatula, put it back in the bowl & start all over again..
- Enjoy the best Cupcakes ever!.
- Some tips:.
- 1.The Buttercream Icing can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a week OR in the freezer for up to 3 months. Before use, bring it to room temperature & re-whip in the stand mixer or with hand mixer for a few minutes until light & fluffy again. Add a tablespoon or two of Icing Sugar (sifted) if it needs to be thickened..
- 2.Always sift the Icing Sugar before use for a smooth texture as it tends to harden up & become lumpy..
- 3.You need very little gel colour. Use the head of a toothpick to take out the gel colour from the bottle. The colour darkens slightly later after mixing. Do not use Liquid Food Colour as it alters the consistency of the icing..
Cotton Cupcakes – Extra Fluffy And Super Light Cupcakes. Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Watermelon Buttercream Icing. Unlike baking, making the perfect frosting is pretty simple. It requires heavy mixing on high speed, and the recipes As long as you follow the basic guidelines of the recipe, you'll be rewarded with a fluffy, creamy Vanilla Buttercream to ice your Vanilla cupcakes. Creating sweet and fluffy buttercream frosting makes me so seriously happy.