Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour). Eggless carrot cake recipe with homemade cream cheese frosting. Eggless carrot cake recipe with video & step by step photos. This eggless carrot cake is one of the easiest to bake & frost as well.
Hope you enjoy this yummy recipe. Carrot cake recipe with step by step pics. Decadent and delicious easy carrot cake made without eggs. You can cook Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour)
- You need 1+3/4 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flavorless oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 cup of whole-wheat flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- You need 2 cup of shredded carrots.
- It’s 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- You need 1/4 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 4 ounces of cream cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
Since carrots are in season, I am sharing this eggless cake Like my most cake recipes, this carrot cake is also made with whole wheat flour. though you can also make it with all-purpose flour. To make eggless carrot cake I have used whole wheat flour entirely. The cake is denser and a bit of darker shade due to wheat flour. Along with carrot you can mixed nuts and seeds.
Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour) step by step
- Beat 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup oil until smooth..
- Add 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 tablespoon vanilla essence to the sugar and oil mixture and beat well..
- Mix the dry ingredients (1 cup whole-wheat flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder) and add to the liquid mixture through a sieve. Slowly fold until no dry patches are visible..
- Add 2 cups of shredded carrots and 1/2 cup walnuts to this mixture. Pour the mixture in a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 45mins at 350F. Once done, let the cake cool down..
- To prepare the frosting, add 1/4 cup softened butter, remaining 3/4 cups sugar and 4 oz cream cheese to a bowl. Beat well to form a smooth frosting. Layer the top of the cooled cake with the frosting. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon if you like..
In this recipe instead of carrots you can even add grated beets. Instead of whole wheat flour you can use plain. This carrot cake is such a dream recipe to have in your recipe box, and one of those that you most definitely will make again, especially since it's whole wheat = automatically healthier. And it's eggless because soooo many of you keep asking me for eggless cake recipes. So I tried this Whole wheat Carrot Cake Recipe where in I replaced eggs with baking powder and baking soda as eggs are not allowed at my place.