Pineapple Upside Down Cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories.
Made with a soft, fluffy, and simple vanilla cake base that uses only the most basic ingredients and a pretty topping of caramelized pineapple and maraschino cherries, this classic recipe is slated to be a staple in your baking repertoire. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too – this easy pineapple upside-down cake. You can have Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- It’s of Topping.
- You need 1 can of pineapple rings, drained (keep juice for drizzling).
- Prepare 30 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of margarine, melted.
- It’s of Cake batter.
- It’s 175 g of AP flour.
- You need 60 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 packet of vanilla sugar (7,5g).
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 40 g of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 180 g of soy milk.
- You need Splash of rum.
One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made. Chef Anna Olson shows you how to make the best Pineapple Upside Down Cake using her own original recipe! You won't want to make it any other way! This classic pineapple upside down cake starts with an easy homemade cake made with cake flour and butter.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Pour melted margarine in the bottom of a round cake pan. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Arrange as much of the pineapple slices as possible. Refrigerate..
- Meanwhile, make the cake batter: whisk dry ingredients together. Pour in wet ingredients. Whisk until just combined..
- Pour batter over pineapple slices. Bake for 35 min in a 350°F/180°C oven..
- Let cake cool for 10 min, then drizzle a few tbsp of pineapple juice over the cake. Flip cake after 10-15 additional minutes. Serve slightly warm. Enjoy :).
This is one of the most popular Pineapple Upside-Down Cake on this site. My mother has an easier version where you don't need to beat the egg whites separately. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes. This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic.