Pina Colada Cupcakes. Pina Colada Cupcakes are a must try dessert! These are soft, moist, fluffy, and brimming with those classic pina colada flavors we all crave! Dip tops of frosted cupcakes in coconut.
If you like Piña coladas, and getting caught in the rain (old person musical reference alert!), then you will almost certainly enjoy making ans eating these. These Pina Colada Cupcakes are made with moist and fluffy pineapple cake topped with a delicious coconut frosting! Inspired by the classic cocktail, these cupcakes are perfect for summer! You can have Pina Colada Cupcakes using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pina Colada Cupcakes
- You need 1 of and 2/3 cups all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pineapple juice, 100% juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of coconut extract.
Piña Colada cupcakes are perfect cupcake versions of the drink – complete with coconut How to Make Piña Colada Cupcakes. To give these cupcakes their signature flavor, you'll start with mixing. Sweet piña colada cupcakes filled with pineapple and topped with a light and fluffy cream cheese frosting. There's a little bit of summer in each bite!
Pina Colada Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Make cupcakes: In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium sized microwave-safe bowl melt the butter.
- Whisk in the granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg.
- Whisk in the pineapple juice, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until no lumps are left.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on cooling rack completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting: With an electric mixer or stand mixer beat the softened butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar, cream, vanilla and coconut extract.
- Beat at high speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
These cupcakes will give you a taste of the tropics with the flavors of a popular summertime drink. These easy to make Pina Colada Cupcakes start with a boxed cake mix, but are packed with flavor! The recipe can also be made into a Pina Colada Cake. These light and fluffy Piña Colada Cupcakes were inspired by our favorite tropical cocktail. To make them, we topped a moist, fluffy pineapple cake with a creamy coconut buttercream frosting.