Pineapple upside-down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This is THE best easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake from scratch!
Chef Anna Olson shows you how to make the best Pineapple Upside Down Cake using her own original recipe! You won't want to make it any other way! This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. You can have Pineapple upside-down cake using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside-down cake
- It’s 4 of tsp,butter,Melted, divided.
- Prepare 4 tsp. of Brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of canned unsweetened pineapple slices.
- It’s 2 of maraschino cherries.
- It’s 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Baking powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare Dash of ground nutmeg.
- You need 3 tbsp. of Milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of Vanilla extract.
This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. There are two components to making this pineapple upside-down cake, the topping and the cake batter. Let's discuss how to prepare each one! Butter and brown sugar topped with pineapple and maraschino cherries form the decadent topping on this classic pineapple upside-down cake.
Pineapple upside-down cake instructions
- Pour 1/2 tsp. Butter into each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice ; set aside..
- In a small bowl,combine flour,sugar,baking powder,salt and nutmeg. Beat in the milk,vanilla and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple..
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm..
This classic pineapple upside down cake starts with an easy homemade cake made with cake flour and butter. This is one of the most popular Pineapple Upside-Down Cake on this site. My mother has an easier version where you don't need to beat the egg whites separately. Chef Way Kristin Ferguson, a pastry consultant at Firefly Bistro in South Pasadena, California, prepares this deliciously fruity pineapple upside-down cake in individual ring molds. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch!