The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe. The most important step to any banana cake recipe is to use spotty, brown and slightly overripe bananas. The more brown spots you have, the better, as they get sweeter and more flavorful over time. I've added in a little bit of cinnamon with the dry ingredients to complement the prominent banana flavor in this cake.
This is the holy grail of all banana cake recipes! It's loaded with bananas, so moist, sweet, soft and absolutely delicious. The banana cake is the BEST I've ever tasted. You can have The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe
- Prepare 7 of medium sized ripe bananas.
- It’s 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 cups whole milk.
- You need 1 tsp of peanut butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
Layer Cake: I use this recipe to make my banana layer cake. This recipe is absolutely divine, so incredibly moist a truly amazing banana cake, you just have to make it! I love a good banana cake, I always use my Grandmas recipe as it is tasty, delicious and close to my heart. Looking for a moist and spongy banana cake recipe?
The Most Amazing Banana Cake Recipe instructions
- Sift the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt together in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl. Add the lemon juice to the whole milk. Gather the rest of the ingredients..
- Grease a 5×9 inch baking pan..
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and brown sugar. Cream that with a hand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes until creamy and well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed..
- Next, add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. After all the eggs are well incorporated, add the peanut butter, mashed bananas and vanilla and mix again just until well combined..
- To continue, add in the dry ingredients in three batches alternating with the milk and lemon juice mixture. Mix just until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed. Do not over mix..
- Pour the banana cake batter in the greased pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 10 minutes on the middle rack of your oven and lower the heat to 300 degrees fahrenheit and bake an additional 35 minutes, baking times may vary depending on your oven..
- After taking the cake out of the oven, let it cool for five minutes in the pan and turn out unto a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy the cake your favourite way to do so. Happy baking!.
Or how about an easy banana icebox cake that's stacked sky-high? We've got you covered with all of the best recipes and cooking tips from home cooks like you. We actually already have a Perfect Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe on the blog, so it was a huge debate whether we should even add this moist banana cake recipe to the blog. But in the end, we have to share when we discover something good. This particular banana cake recipe is unique, so you may be surprised in just how it all goes down.