Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Old Fashioned Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a one of my all-time favorites! The perfect summer dessert for using up leftover zucchini. Moist spiced zucchini cake topped with sweet cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
More on that in a moment. As per most recipes that I get my hands on, I had to turn it into a cake. This Zucchini Cake is a deliciously spiced, moist cake studded with hidden pieces of zucchini and covered with a rich cream cheese frosting. You can cook Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of applesauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 2 cups of shredded zucchini.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz.) of cream cheese, room temperature.
- You need 1/4 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 3 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, if desired.
It's the perfect summer cake and people of all ages love it! Plus, it's best way to enjoy zucchini. He eats cream cheese on his bagels, he likes sugar and butter and vanilla so why on Earth wouldn't he like cream cheese frosting?!?!?!?! So needless to say, but I will anyway, when he asked me what kind of frosting it was I simply replied, "vanilla." He ate it on top of the Chocolate Zucchini Cake and.
Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To a large bowl add eggs, oil, applesauce, sugars and vanilla extract. Mix well..
- Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well..
- Add zucchini..
- Lastly add flour mixing until thoroughly combined..
- Place mixture into greased 9×13 baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean..
- Allow cake to completely cool before making the frosting. When ready, combine all frosting ingredients in a small bowl..
- Spread evenly over cake. Top with walnuts if desired..
Frosted with the same homemade cream cheese frosting recipe I used on my Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe, this light zucchini cake is the perfect summer treat. You can add raisins, walnuts, and/or shredded coconut if you wish; but it's also quite delicious without any optional ingredients. A delicious spiced zucchini cake topped with thick, fluffy cream cheese frosting- the perfect dessert! This recipe will quickly become a family favorite. This is probably one of the best zucchini cakes I have ever had.