Butter cake. A butter cake is a cake in which one of the main ingredients is butter. Butter cake is baked with basic ingredients: butter, sugar, eggs, flour, and leavening agents such as baking powder or baking soda. It is considered as one of the quintessential cakes in American baking.
Butter cake is the first cake I learned when I started baking. I thought I know everything about baking butter cake a few years ago. During one of the baking session, I fumbled. You can have Butter cake using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter cake
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- You need 160-170 g of Caster sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 tbs of ovalette/ cake emulsifier.
- You need 220 g of cake flour.
- It’s 60 ml of full cream milk.
- It’s 150 g of melted butter.
The cakes were dense, with cracked top and uneven rising. The result was not only disappointing but embarrassed to divulge to my guests with. This homemade butter cake recipe is fail-proof. It's great for novice bakers and yields perfect results every time.
Butter cake step by step
- Beat the eggs and sugar together for 5 mins low speed.
- After 5 mins add in vanilla essence and ovalette. Beat for 10-15 minutes depending on your mixer. Hand mixer user beat at medium speed. Stand mixer user beat at high speed..
- Add in your flour bit by bit.
- Lastly add your melted butter.
- You can bake it as is but if you want to have a chocolate flavour you may add in chocolate emulco on a separate dish..
- I'm just making a plain butter cake but making it colourful. It appeals the eyes of my kid 😂.
- You can bake as is or water bath for 45 mins before switching the pan/ removing the pan from the water bath then, to the other side and bake for another 10-20 mins..
- If you have colours you might one to cover the top using a bigger tray on the top rack to prevent from browning. I used aluminium foil and sadly the cake touched the foil and voilà… 😅.
- Let it sit on a cooling rack for an hour or two.
See more ideas about Cake, Butter cake, Cake recipes. A moist marble cake that I made this afternoon. What makes this cake very moist is the use of melted fat (butter). And I gather that the fluffiness of the cake comes from the use of ovalette, a type of cake stabilizer, which stabilizes the. This butter cake recipe is quite simple to make and can be tried even by beginners.