Peanut Butter Cup Cake. Come See our Unique Cake Gifts! Set aside on wire rack and let cool before removing from pans. For the frosting: In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the vanilla frosting and peanut butter.
The BEST Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Dessert Recipe Assemble the Cake: If your cakes baked up uneven or have domed on top, level off the tops. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. TIPS FOR MAKING RESSE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUP CAKE: I like to use margarine in the frosting for this recipe for one main reason. You can cook Peanut Butter Cup Cake using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- You need of Batter.
- It’s 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of package light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of container sour cream.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of hot water.
- It’s of Peanut Butter Frosting.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of creamy peanut butter.
- You need 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 1/2 tablespoons of instant vanilla pudding mix.
- It’s as needed of Reeses candy for decoration.
Because of the high vegetable oil content in margarine, I found it helps to keep this frosting soft and creamy. But if you are just totally adverse to using margarine, please feel free to use real butter. This easy cake roll recipe is rich chocolate cake filled with creamy peanut butter filling. It's topped with chocolate ganache and covered in peanut butter cups!
Peanut Butter Cup Cake step by step
- Spray a pan with baking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Melt chocolate chips. (Microwave at 30 second intervals until melted, stir). Set aside..
- Using an electric mixer. beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed for 5 minutes..
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in melted chocolate just until combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda. and salt.
- Add flour, alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually add in hot water (it will look watery).
- Divide cake batter evenly into 3 cake pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake is firm when gently pressed on top. Let cool for 10 mins then remove from pans to cool completely..
- To make frosting: Beat butter and peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in half the powdered sugar and half the milk.
- Beat in remaining powdered sugar. remaining milk, instant pudding mix.
- Place one cake layer on a cake stand or serving platter. Spread frosting on top, layer another cake, frost, layer last cake and frost. I reserved 3/4 cup of frosting to decorate..
- Decorate with Reeses candy!.
This Peanut Butter Cup Cake is intense. It's wonderfully sweet, full of chocolate flavor and peanut butter flavor. Everything you love about Reese's peanut butter cups is in this cake. If I had to pick an ultimate favorite dessert flavor, it would have to be chocolate and peanut butter. Peanut butter cake topped with rich peanut butter icing will become a crowd-pleaser among your friends and family who love peanut butter..