Marble Cakes. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
It is a rich, moist and buttery cake with chocolate swirls. Every bite is chocolatey, sweet and decadent. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix or mix the batters from scratch. You can cook Marble Cakes using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marble Cakes
- You need 175 of g/6oz butter or baking spread.
- It’s 175 of g/6oz caster sugar.
- Prepare 3 of free-range eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 225 of g/8oz self-raising flour.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of strong black coffee, cooled.
Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache. See more ideas about Marble cake, Cake, Cake recipes. German Marble Cake brings back fond childhood memories for my daughters, as their Grandma Gertie always made Marble Cake for them. Find marble cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.
Marble Cakes instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease and line a 900g/2lb loaf tin or 20cm/8in round ti Cream the butter and sugar with an electric whisk in a large mixing bowl until very pale and fluffy. Add the beaten egg, a little at a time, whisking well after each addition. Then whisk in the vanilla extract..
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl, then fold it gently into the butter and egg mixture. Divide the cake batter into two equal portions (about 350g each). Add the milk to one portion of the mixture, stirring in gently until well combined..
- Mix the cocoa powder and the coffee together in a mug to form a smooth paste. Stir this paste into the other portion of the cake batter until thoroughly combined. Spoon large blobs of each cake mixture into the prepared tin, alternating the flavours to give a marble effect. Bake for 50–60 minutes until the cake is springy to the touch and a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean..
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely before slicing..
Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War. This is my recipe for marble cake, which has become a family favorite over the past few years. Marble cake is a classic childhood cooking memory. Whether using lurid colours for a psychedelic finish, or just chocolate and vanilla, it's a teatime treat.