Recipe: Appetizing Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake)
Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake). Pastikan Loyang ditutup semasa kita kukus Kuih Lapis – baru permukaan licin. I am showing you all a creative way to prepare it using the Telang Flower for the coloring. Ensure that the container is covered.
Steamed Kuih Lapis is a popular snack in Malaysia and Singapore and it literally means layer cake in Malay. The most classic way of eating this kuih is by tearing it out piece by piece, put into the mouth and chew it slowly, so yummy! This is Nyonya version kuih lapis which has a chewy texture. You can cook Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake)
- It’s of Liquid ingredients:.
- Prepare 500 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 500 ml of water.
- It’s 300 gr of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of pandan leaves.
- You need of Dry ingredients: (mix together in a bowl).
- You need 250 gr of sago flour.
- You need 125 gr of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Additional ingredient :.
- Prepare of red food coloring.
The colours used in this recipe are from natural sources. (Kue lapis, Kuih lapis legit, Spekkoek). Kuih lapis is a traditional Asian dessert popular in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. It is usually prepared as a layered cake consisting of rice flour, tapioca flour, water, sugar, coconut milk, pandan leaves, and red, green, or pink food coloring. Kueh Lapis, or Steamed Layer Cake / Jiu Ceng Gao, never fails to put a smile on my face.
Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake) instructions
- Boil all liquid ingredients only until the sugar dissolves. Stir continuously. Remove from the heat. Set aside until it’s warm..
- Gradually pour the warm liquid into a bowl filled with dry ingredients, stirring evenly using a whisk. Strain..
- Divide the batter into two equal parts. Add red food coloring into 1 part. Mix well..
- This is the most important step to do: Cover the lid of the steamer with a kitchen towel to prevent condensation from the lid from falling on to the steamed cake. Fill the steamer with water (below the steaming plate). Cover the steamer with the lid and slowly bring water to boil..
- Prepare the flower mold. Lightly brush the inside of the mold with cooking oil..
- Pour 1 tsp of white batter into the flower molds. Steam for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat..
- Pour 3 tsp of red batter into the flower molds. Steam for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat..
- Pour 3 tsp of white batter into the flower molds. Steam for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat..
- Lastly, pour 3 tsp of red batter into the flower molds. Steam for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let it cool..
- Remove flower layer cake from the molds. Serve it with a cup of hot tea or coffee. Yum 😋.
After all, who can forget having these as a child, peeling off the layers individually and slowly savouring each soft, springy layer of coconut-y goodness! Kue lapis merupakan kudapan khas dari Indonesia. Kue ini umumnya tersusun atas dua warna berlapis lapis. After made my elder sister's Birthday cake, i have left with many egg yolks as i made a buttercream flowers cake using Swiss Meringue butt. Kuih Bingka Ambon (Kue Bika Ambon).