Old Fashioned German Apple Cake. Mix together flour, cinnamon & baking soda. Mix together oil, sugar & Large eggs; add in to flour, stirring well. Get traditional German apple cake recipes to make Old World cakes bursting with the flavor and These traditional German apple cake recipes are great cakes to make when you have extra apples Place in the oven and finish baking.
This old-fashioned apple cake is made w/ fresh apples, crunchy walnuts, & cream cheese frosting! Their family had an old-fashioned apple cake recipe that had been passed down for generations. It was their favorite cake recipe, and they all loved it. You can have Old Fashioned German Apple Cake using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned German Apple Cake
- You need 4 cups of apples, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s To taste of Cinnamon and nutmeg, for topping.
- It’s of Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- You need 8 oz. of pkg cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp. of butter, melted.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
This German apple cake batter is thick! Don't be alarmed if it doesn't resemble a typical cake batter. You want this batter to be thick, rich and buttery. My grandmother has always fixed these at Christmas and they are the first thing everyone asks about.
Old Fashioned German Apple Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixer beat together sugar, oil and eggs..
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in separate bowl..
- Slowly incorporate into mixer of wet ingredients..
- Fold in the chopped apples..
- Place cake mixture into a greased 9×13 dish..
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and nutmeg..
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before making frosting..
- Once cake has cooled completely, make your frosting by adding the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar to mixer until well combined..
- Spread evenly over cake..
This is a very rich and delicious German Apple Cake with baked apples in Vanilla Pudding. It's a dream of a cake! Recipe Link. · This Old Fashioned Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe is going to become a favorite. It is a moist pound cake recipe that is perfect for any party. The perfect sweet and spicy cake, baked with chunks of apples and walnuts and smothered in a sweet, buttery vanilla glaze.