Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Apple Cake with a Dutch touch
Apple Cake with a Dutch touch. I made this apple cake with apples that had been hanging aroung the kitchen and it was so moist and delicious. The cinnamon and sugar combo added to the top really gave it a great gooey flavor. This recipe is an old favourite – the apples sink to the bottom as it cooks, leaving a light sponge with a crisp sugary crust.
The Dutch apple pie looks almost like a cake. It is baked in a springform pan and the pastry is sweet with a sablé-like texture. The crust, instead of being rolled, is pressed into the bottom and the sides of the pan. You can cook Apple Cake with a Dutch touch using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Cake with a Dutch touch
- You need 100 grams of (dark) raw sugar.
- It’s 1 of satchet vanilla sugar.
- Prepare 125 of cream butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 125 grams of flower (if self-raising flower, skip the baking powder).
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2-3 of good-sized apples (fresh-sour like Goudreinet/Golden Reinette).
- Prepare of some normal sugar and cinnamon.
- You need 20-23 cm of springform.
- You need of optional :.
- You need 1/2 of lemon for the apples (some juice and the grated peel).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of 'speculaas spices' or cinnamon for the dough.
Firm apples are used (or a mix of firm and a couple of softer apples) so that the pie keeps its. · Whether you call it Jewish apple cake, Dutch apple cake, or German apple cake, this easy mix-by-hand cake full of cinnamon + apples is a perfect fall treat! Honeycrisp Apple Cardamom Cake ~ a delicious apple cake recipe with layer upon layer of thinly sliced Honeycrisp apples topped with a. Thank you for watching this recipe video! If you liked this video, please press a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel!
Apple Cake with a Dutch touch instructions
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Soften the butter till almost liquid in a pan or microwave and put in a large round bowl suitable for mixing.
- Add the dark sugar with the vanilla sugar and mix smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix smooth, if possible electrical.
- Mix the flower with the baking powder and salt (if you use the cinnamon or speculaas spices, mix them in now), then use a sieve to sieve it over the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Now use a spatula to manually fold and mix it in together smooth.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut into pieces (if you use the lemon sprinkle the juice and grated peel over the apple).
- Grease the whole inside of the springform with butter and add some flower. Move the springform around so the flower shortly has touched the butter surface and sticks all around.
- Add the dough to the springform and try to make an even layer that touches the edges using the spatula or another suitable tool.
- Add the pieces of apple as one layer on top of the dough but make sure there is a 1cm free space all around the edges.
- Sprinkle a little normal sugar with cinnamon over the apples.
- Put in the pre-heated oven for 35 minutes.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes, then remove spring.
- Ready to eat after another 40-50 minutes of cooling down.
- If you can manage to keep it longer than a day, put in fridge.
In this recipe video, I show you. This apple cake is a favourite supplied by Gemma from the Tui Team. With a touch of spice from the cinnamon it makes the perfect morning or afternoon treat. From my favorite Apple Almond Salad, Baked Apple Oatmeal or Easy Oatmeal with Diced Apples to my Melt in your mouth Apple Coffee Cake , which uses a Of which this is one of the recipes (Dutch Apple Cake wth Caramel Glaze). Make this apple cake in autumn when local apples are at their best.