German Chocolate Cake. German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake from the United States filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. It owes its name to an English-American chocolate maker named Samuel German. A decadent German Chocolate Cake Recipe, made with an extra moist and fudgy chocolate cake, a rich caramel/coconut frosting, and iced with a sweet and simple.
Homemade German Chocolate Cake with layers of coconut pecan frosting and chocolate frosting. This decadent chocolate cake is layered with sweet coconut-pecan frosting. German Chocolate Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can cook German Chocolate Cake using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- You need 1 (4 oz) of Package baker's German sweet chocolate.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs, separated.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need of Frosting.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 4 of slightly beaten egg yolks.
- You need 3/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 cups of shredded coconut.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans.
A German Chocolate Cake is an impressive looking cake. Three layers of moist chocolate cake that are stacked, one on top of another, with a sweet and gooey caramel flavored frosting. German Chocolate Cake is a layered chocolate cake that is both filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. The filling and/or topping is usually a buttery custard made with egg yolks and.
German Chocolate Cake instructions
- Melt chocolate with water, you can do this by combining ingredients and microwaving them in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals stirring in-between..
- Cream butter and sugar. Next beat in egg yolks..
- Stir in chocolate and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix in flour baking soda and salt..
- Beat in flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk..
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form, fold into batter..
- Pour batter into a greased/nonstick 9×13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Oven temp: 350 degrees..
- While the cake is cooking in the oven, combine evaporated milk, sugar, slightly beaten egg yolks, butter or margarine, and vanilla in a saucepan. It should take about 20 minutes. Stir constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat..
- Stir in shredded coconut and chopped pecans. Cool until thick enough to spread. Makes 4-1/4 cups..
- Once everything is cool, frost cake and enjoy!.
I have long associated German Chocolate Cake with Father's Day, although I'm not entirely sure why. I think I remember my mom making it for my dad once or twice growing up (although never on. Real german chocolate cake made with sweet baker's chocolate, tangy buttermilk and filled with rich coconut How to make Authentic German chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting and creamy. This classic German Chocolate Cake combines rich chocolate cake layers with a sweet coconut German Chocolate Cake was actually named after American baker Samuel German, who worked for. This lightened version of a traditional German chocolate cake recipe keeps the flavor in the moist chocolate cake layers and the gooey coconut-pecan frosting.