Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins. These Mini Apple Pies are easy to make and filled with a simple homemade apple pie filling. This recipe is for mini apple pies because they're smaller than a regular apple pie, but be sure to use a regular muffin pan (not a mini muffin pan). Pour into the flour mixture and sprinkle the diced apple into the bowl as well.
What a perfect name for these moist, delicious, nicely spiced treats. No need for any additional spices, the. These mini apple pies are baked in a muffin tin, for one super adorable & single-serving holiday dessert! You can have Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins
- Prepare 4 lb of apples, I used local Macoun today but usally use easy to find Granny Smith.
- You need 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 of 9 inch pie crust dough either homemade or pre made disks such as Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust ( 2 in a box rolled up ).
- Prepare of CRUMB TOPPING.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of apple pie spice mix or cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of toffee chips such as heath bits. found near the chocolate cbips in the grocery store.
- You need 4 tbsp of cold butter, cut into cubes.
I've always tried to stay away from politics on this blog, because sometimes it's nice to think only through one's stomach. Hopefully these apple hand pies can let you do just that. Cut out circles from pastry Apple Pie is one of my favorite desserts and anything in cupcakes form is always awesome and I love the idea of ice cream frosting! This recipe is super simple since we.
Apple Pies in Muffin/Cupcake Tins instructions
- Peel.and core the apples.
- Cut apples into cubes, add to.large bowl with lemon juice while cutting. When all.cut apples are in bowl.add sugar toss to coat..
- Heat butter in a large skillet, add sugared apples with lemon juice and cook, stirring often just until softened but holding their shape.Add flour, cinnamon and salt.and cook just until blended. Transfer to a bowl to chill .Store up to two days in the refrigerator.
- MAKE CRUMB TOPPING.
- In a bowl combine flour, brown sugar, salt, apple pie spice and toffee chips add butter and mix with a fork until.It looks like like a crumble.Keep very cold up to a week.before using . Add to pies cold..
- FOR CRUSTS.
- Spray 12 standard size muffin or cupcake tins with non stick spray, set aside.
- Roll each pie crust out , cut 4 -4 inch circles from each crust.I used a freezer container lid..place dough circles in each of the prepared tins .smooth sides to fit and trim tops. Chill at least an hour. Note dough is easy to work with if kept cold. Do 4 pie crusts at a time, keeping dough cold when your not working with it..
- Fill.each cold crust evenly with apple mixture.
- Top.each pie evenly with crumb topping.
- Bake 12 minutes, rotate baking pan bake 9 to 12 minutes more until golden.
- Cool. pan on wire rack 15 minutes then run a small.sharp knife around edges of pies to prevent sticking.Cool about 15 minutes more before gently lifting out with a small knife.They need to be just warm, If you try to take out when to hot they will.not stay intact..
Apple Pie Cupcakes from Delish.com might just out beat the classic pie. Set the apples aside to cool slightly. Grease a muffin tin liberally with butter. Make the muffin batter: In a large bowl, combine the flour, apple, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla, egg, applesauce, plain. For me, there are few things better than warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream.