Easy Lemon Shell Cupcakes. Sunshine sweet homemade lemon cupcakes are soft and moist, bursting with lemon flavor, and topped with my favorite vanilla buttercream. A great lemon muffin recipe, too. These light, lemony cupcakes, made from scratch, have a fluffy whipped cream icing.
Easter or Mother's Day would be particularly perfect, even a baby shower. Baking a delicious Lemon Cupcake doesn't have to be complicated! Try this easy recipe for a fast treat! You can cook Easy Lemon Shell Cupcakes using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Lemon Shell Cupcakes
- Prepare of cakes.
- You need 1 box of your favorite white or yellow boxed cake mix.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of the needed ingredients for the cake mix.
- It’s 10 of medium lemons Squeezed of juice and clean the shells a bit with a teaspoon..
- You need 1 of Make Lemonade with the juice …Saving 1/2 cup to use in the cake per instructions… Save the Shells for Cupcake holders. I also added lemon juice to the frosting. Frosting was a combo of leftover Lemon frosting and I whipped that with a bought tub of le.
I got a craving for lemon the other day and knew I just had to make a delicious cupcake! These cupcakes are not overpowering in any way. These are my favorite lemon cupcakes. They are moist, tender, have the perfect balance between sweetness and tanginess, and are bursting with lemon flavor.
Easy Lemon Shell Cupcakes instructions
- Mix cake ..using 1/2 cup lemon juice with half of the liquid called for in the directions. Set the lemon cups in the muffin pan and fill to one third full with the cake mix batter …Place in preheated oven per directions…bake per directions. Mine tested done at 23 min at 350°F. I also had enuf batter leftover to make a small cake..
- I used Meyer Lemons fresh picked from my tree. Well washed before squeezing. I also found the cooked shells quite edible. Cooked they are soft. I didn't think they were bitter either….Meyers are thin skinned and much sweeter than regular lemons..
These cupcakes are moist, delicate, and full of lemon flavor. The frosting is a simple classic buttercream, made mostly of butter and sugar. Lemon drizzle cupcakes that are easy to make and absolutely jam-packed with flavour. I've had a few messages from people recently asking whether my vanilla cupcakes can be turned into lemon cakes, so I decided to get experimenting. Cupcakes are easy to make and yummy.