Fig Ricotta Cake. Fresh Fig & Ricotta Cake from Barefoot Contessa. Reviews for: Photos of Fig-Ricotta Cake. In a large bowl and using a hand mixer, whip the cream, confectioners' sugar, and the.
Serving a single-layer cake is the ultimate way to seem effortlessly cool. They don't require frosting or fancy decorations to make a splash. As long as the top has something exciting going on—in this case. You can have Fig Ricotta Cake using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fig Ricotta Cake
- You need 10 T of softened butter plus some for the pan.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar plus some for sprinkling on top and coating pan.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk ricotta, room temperature.
- Prepare 2 of heaping tablespoons sour cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 12 of figs, stemmed and quartered.
This ricotta cake is a part of my ricotta cheese recipes collection. It's one of those rich Italian cakes – pound cake in texture. This ricotta almond fig cake is one of those recipes. When figs make their way onto the summer The outcome became this gluten free ricotta almond fig cake.
Fig Ricotta Cake step by step
- Take 4 figs and place in 400 oven on baking sheet for 20 minutes. When roasted place in blender and purée. If needed, add a little water. Set aside..
- Set oven to 375. Prepare a 9 inch springform pan by buttering generously and coating sides and bottom with sugar..
- Cream 10 T of butter with one cup sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating fully. Add ricotta, sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat until combined. Don’t worry if it looks curdled or lumpy..
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add fig purée. Beat just until combined..
- Pour into pan and smooth the top. Place fig quarters gently on top of cake. Sprinkle generously with sugar..
- Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean and top is browned. Cake may need additional time in baking..
- If making with peaches and raspberries, add one half pint of raspberries to batter and 3 sliced peaches and a half pint raspberries to top of cake..
It's tempting to call it a breakfast or. Brilliant chef Antony Worrall Thompson has donated to TREE AID this delicious tree cake. Antony: "Villagers in Africa know all about foraging for food for free in their woodlands. Now beat the ricotta with the egg yolks, Amaretto or almond extract, and sugar until smooth. French Apple Cake with Caramel Sauce.