Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Layered Butter Pecan Cake
Layered Butter Pecan Cake. The full finished pecan layer cake is super moist and delicious! And in the spirit of the season and being thankful, Challenge Dairy is giving back. I hope you're able to hop over and pin a recipe (or two!) and give this delicious Browned Butter Pecan Layer Cake a try!
This Butter Pecan Cake is so easy anyone can make it, even without prior decorating knowledge! A luxurious buttercream frosting is layered between a homemade butter pecan cake mix. This pairing of textures and flavors is my favorite part of the recipe. You can cook Layered Butter Pecan Cake using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Layered Butter Pecan Cake
- It’s 2 cups of Pecans chopped.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter diced into 3 pieces.
- You need 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of softened unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 teaspoon of almond extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- It’s of Cream cheese icing.
- You need 1 cup of room temp butter.
- It’s 12 ounces of room temp cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 5 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pecans for topping.
This buttery vanilla layer cake is swathed in a creamy toffee frosting made extra luscious with the addition of browned butter and lots of toasted pecans. Top with remaining cake layer, and frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Sprinkle pecan halves in a ring around top edge of cake. See more ideas about Butter pecan cake, Food, Recipes. butter pecan cake.
Layered Butter Pecan Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and line 3 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper, butter parchment paper and lightly dust pans with flour.
- Melt 3 Tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once melted add pecans and cook until slightly browned, tossing frequently, about 4 minutes. Pour and spread onto a sheet of parchment paper or a baking sheet. Set aside and allow to cool..
- Stir together buttermilk and milk, set aside..
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside..
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip together butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time adding in vanilla and almond extract with last egg..
- Mix in flour alternating with milk mixture: Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low speed just until combined, then add in 1/2 of the buttermilk mixture and mix just until combined then repeat process once more. Finish by mixing in remaining 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix just until nearly combined..
- Fold in pecans: Remove bowl from stand mixer and fold in pecans (fold batter until there's not longer streaks in the batter). Divide batter evenly among prepared baking pans..
- Bake until set: Bake in preheated oven 23 – 28 minutes until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in cake pans 10 minutes..
- Let cake cool completely on wire rack: Run a knife around edges of cake to ensure the are loosened and invert onto wire racks to cool completely. Once cool frost with cream cheese frosting and top with pecans..
- For the cream cheese frosting: In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in vanilla and powdered sugar and blend until smooth and fluffy..
I love this butter pecan cake. It is a very attractive cake. This is usually my birthday treat to myself. FROSTING: Cream butter and sugar; add milk and vanilla. Spread frosting between layers as well as on top and sides.