Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. The BEST pineapple upside down cake recipe EVER! It has a caramel topping with pineapple rounds over a dense cake with almond flour.
This is THE best easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake from scratch! Made with a soft, fluffy, and simple vanilla cake base that uses only the most basic ingredients and a pretty topping of caramelized pineapple and maraschino cherries, this classic recipe is slated to be a staple in your baking. My improved pineapple upside down cake recipe, written below, is much softer than my original. You can cook Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
- Prepare of Cake Batter.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of plain yoghurt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need of Fruit Base.
- You need 4 of large pineapple rings, or as needed.
- It’s 11 of maraschino cherries, or as needed.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
Using creamed butter instead of melted, cake flour instead of all-purpose flour I appreciate that the cake, in general, is smaller and not as overwhelming. Same with my beloved apple upside down cake. This classic pineapple upside down cake starts with an easy homemade cake made with cake flour and butter. This is by far the tasties, moistest, most delicious pineapple upside down cake I have ever made or eaten.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe instructions
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and salt. Cook until everything is melted and a caramel like sauce forms..
- Pour the mixture into a greased round baking pan. Next, place the pineapple rings all over the bottom of the pan to form a layer and then place cherries in the center of the pineapple rings and in other empty spaces. Cut some rings if necessary..
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients except the sugar and whisk to combine..
- In a separate small bowl, combine the sugar and wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly until everything is well combined..
- Add the wet ingredients mix to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine, making sure there are no lumps..
- The fruit base should have set by now so the fruits don't shift when adding in the cake batter..
- Carefully pour the cake batter over the fruit base..
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for about 40 minutes. Check on the cake after 30 minutes as every oven is different..
- After baking, take the cake out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. After, loosen the sides of the cake and turn the cake over onto a cake board or plate and leave it like that for 10 minutes..
- After, take of the cake pan and the cake is ready to be served. It lasts only about 2 days in the refrigerator because of the fruits. Happy Baking and Enjoy!.
I did nothing to change it; it is perfect when made exactly as directed. Chef Anna Olson shows you how to make the best Pineapple Upside Down Cake using her own original recipe! You won't want to make it any other way! This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made completely from scratch.