Chai Tow Kway..Radish cake. Cook'n with Cynthia – Chai Tow Away is a common dish or dim sum of Teochew cuisine in Chaoshan, China. Chai tow kway is a common dish or dim sum of Teochew cuisine in Chaoshan, China. It is also popular in Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan and Vietnam, consisting of stir-fried cubes of radish cake.
Fried Radish Cake – Radish, rice flour, egg, garlic, fish sauce, chili sauce, onion come together in this very easy recipe. I grew up eating the Chai Tow Kway at Siglap wet market…those were days when people would BYOE (Bring Your Own Eggs!) for the hawker to fry their Chai Tow Kway with, and ate. Chai tow kway is a popular breakfast dish in Singapore. You can cook Chai Tow Kway..Radish cake using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chai Tow Kway..Radish cake
- It’s 1 of radish.
- You need 2 stalks of Green chives.
- You need of Shallot.
- It’s of Dark soy sauce.
- Prepare of Oyster sauce.
- You need of Dried shrimp.
- It’s 1 cup of beansprouts.
- You need of Flour.
It's made with rice flour batter that's steamed, cooled, then fried. Steamed kway is very soft when it's hot. It must cool down and harden before it can be fried. Chai tow kway should be soft again after it's fried, but not mushy.
Chai Tow Kway..Radish cake step by step
- Grate radish and let it boil for five.mins.Remove and rinse with water then set aside.Next pound the dry shrimps into tiny pieces.Mix it with grated radish.In a small bowl put a littoe water and one tbsp flour.Pour again in.the grated radish.Mix all properly.Then let it cook for five mins.When done remove and set aside.until.it get cool.Then keep in the fridge to chill for two hours..
- After two hour remove from the fridge and cut intol cubes.
- Heat wok add oil then stir fry shallots until soft.Then add radish cubeband fry a.little bit then add green chives and.beansprout.Season with oyster sauce and dark soy sauce.Chilli sauce its optional.
Cut chai tow kway into bite-sized pieces. Fry with pork lard, garlic and pickled radish (should take a couple of minutes), mashing the cubes a little (this helps them go crisp). Add eggs and soy sauce and mix through gently, then add kecap manis to taste (it adds sweetness). Singapore fried carrot cake is a savory dish made of steamed radish/turnip cake cut into cubes and stir-fried with eggs and seasonings. A popular hawker fare that you can make at home.