Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes. There are MANY great things to say about Nanaimo Bars: One – they are a delicious, authentic Canadian treat, Two – a. This yummy Nanaimo Bar Cupcake recipe combines each flavor that you love from the traditional Nanaimo bar in an equally as delicious cupcake and your new favourite delicious desserts. Nanaimo Bars – a deliciously tempting treat made with decadent chocolate, honey sweetened graham crackers, crunchy nuts, rich butter and custard powder.
Check prices of pudding and ice cream. Compare reviews of pastry and tiramisu. I am from Nanaimo BC and we have Nanaimo Bars everywhere in this town. You can cook Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes
- It’s 1 box of Chocolate cake mix with ingredients needed to prepare.
- You need 3/4 cup of Sweetened shredded coconut (or add a little more or less according to your preference).
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need 4 cup of Icing sugar.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Vanilla pudding mix or custard powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla (optional).
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 3/4 cup of Semi-sweet chocolate chips or as needed.
- You need 1 tsp of Butter.
Of all of the Nanaimo Bar recipes I have tried, this recipe is the closest to what I have always known as the original Nanimo. A Nanaimo Bar is a Canadian specialty, in case you're wondering what in the world I'm talking My Grandma had a Nanaimo Bar recipe that my mom and her sisters always make. Nanaimo Bars are one of Canada's favorite confections. The Nanaimo bar /nəˈnaɪmoʊ/ is a dessert item of Canadian origin.
Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes step by step
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding shredded coconut to batter..
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans. Bake as directed on the cake mix package..
- Cool cupcakes on wire rack..
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Stir in custard powder and milk..
- Beat in icing sugar and vanilla until smooth..
- Once cupcakes are COMPLETELY cooled, fill with filling by inserting a piping bag containing the filling and fitted with a small round tip into the centre of cupcake and squeezing bag while slowly pulling out. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes..
- Cover filled cupcakes and store in a cold place to allow the filling to firm up. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and butter over a double boiler or in the microwave..
- Dip tops of cooled cupcakes into melted chocolate so the tops are covered. Cover and allow chocolate to set. ENJOY!!!.
It is a bar dessert which requires no baking and is named after the city of Nanaimo, British Columbia. Nanaimo bars were totally new to me, I have never been to Canada, have never seen them for sale in the UK and had never previously seen them online or heard anyone talk about them. These Nanaimo Bars are a classic Canadian no bake dessert. They are incredibly decadent, sweet, and rich, bursting with chocolate and custard. Yes, I dared to toy with a Canadian classic!