Irish Apple Cake. This classic Irish Apple Cake may seem humble but it is a diamond in the rough. Somewhere a cross between an American coffee cake and an apple pie, this cake is one of my mum's best Irish recipes. I want to keep this Irish apple cake all to myself…it is just that good!
Irish Apple Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This Irish apple cake is like a spice cake with the extra addition of juicey apples! This Irish apple crumble cake is nice little twist on the classic with a moist apple cake interior and a light crumbly topping. You can cook Irish Apple Cake using 12 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Irish Apple Cake
- Prepare of For the puree:.
- It’s 6 of big green apples or 8 small green apples (Granny Smith).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 oz. of butter.
- It’s of For the dough:.
- Prepare 2 oz. of butter (room temperature).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 cup of self raising flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of milk (if the dough is too hard).
That classic combination of apple and blackberries could also be used here. Irish Apple Cake is the March Bake Club Challenge recipe. Click here to find out more about the Plus, the Irish really like their sweets. And, apparently Irish Apple Cake tops the list.
Irish Apple Cake instructions
- Puree ingredients:.
- Arrange the apple upright on a cutting board and using a sharp knife cut in half directly to the core.
- Slice each of these halves in half along the middle.
- Use your knife to scoop out the seed portion of each apple slice.
- Then slice apple quarter into half along the middle again,.
- In a saucepan put the apple slices, vanilla and butter.
- On low heat covered saucepan, cook it until boiled, stir well and continue cooking until puree is made (Reserve).
- Dough ingredients:.
- In a bowl put the flour with the butter.
- Combine well.
- Add the sugar.
- Mix well.
- The vanilla.
- Mix well. Only add milk if the dough is too hard, but this kind of dough should not to be soft.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In 12 by 9 inch diameter baking dish buttered and floured.
- Put the dough.
- And using your fingers press it until it covers the botton of the pan evenly.
- Put the apples puree on the dough.
- Distribute it over the dough.
- Bake for 36 minutes or until the center is set and the top is light brown.
- Let cool and then refrigerate until cold.
- I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe.
Irish Apple Cake is a type of Apple Bread from Ireland, with Crusty Top and Moist inside. This cake tastes amazing with Custard Sauce or Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice-Cream. Delicious Irish Apple Crumble Cake to tickle your taste buds! It's an incredibly easy to recipe to make and always goes down a treat. Irish Apple Cake with Custard Sauce is a lightly sweetened dessert that is perfect for enjoying during cold weather months or celebrating St.