Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes. Yellow cupcakes, whipped vanilla buttercream and fresh strawberries make these strawberry shortcake cupcakes a fun variation of the summertime treat. What's strawberry shortcake without… well… strawberries? filled my vanilla cupcakes with homemade strawberry filling. If you think the vanilla cupakes are easy, just wait until you experience.
Make sure to let these strawberry shortcake cupcakes cool off before biting into them. Fluffy vanilla cupcakes topped with fresh strawberries and a cool, creamy cheesecake frosting. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes — fluffy vanilla cupcakes topped with a bright strawberry buttercream frosting and finished with fresh strawberries! You can cook Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- It’s of vanilla cupcakes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2/3 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare of strawberry filling.
- You need 2 cup of strawberries, finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare of whipped cream frosting.
- Prepare 1 cup of cold heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Add a twist of shortcake to your cupcake that are filled with strawberries and whipped cream – a wonderful dessert treat. These easy strawberry shortcake cupcakes are light, fluffy, and filled with a whipped cream frosting! Classic southern Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes with a surprise strawberry stuffed inside with American Buttercream frosting, strawberries in syrup and a strawberry top. Take our recipe for strawberry shortcake cupcakes.
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes step by step
- Begin by making the strawberry filling. Heat the strawberries in a heavy saucepan over medium heat for 4 – 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in the sugar and cornstarch, and stir for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool..
- While the filling cools, make the cupcakes. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar..
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract..
- In a separate bowl mix together all dry cupcake ingredients..
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Add the buttermilk, and mix until well combined..
- Fill 12 greased or paper lined muffin cups about 3/4 from the top. Bake for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean..
- Let cupcakes cool on a wire rack. Remove the center of each cupcake with a small round cookie cutter or corer, saving the removed piece..
- Fill each cupcake with strawberry filling and replace the piece of cupcake that was removed..
- To make the whipped cream frosting, simply beat all ingredients together until stiff peaks form. It helps to put your mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes before using. This way, all ingredients stay cold. Refrigerate the whipped cream if not using immediately..
- Using a knife, frost the cupcakes with whipped cream, and garnish with a slice of fresh strawberry..
- Serve immediately, or store in refrigerator until ready to eat..
Make the Cupcakes: In a medium bowl, toss the strawberries with the brown sugar. Stuff each tender cupcake with a whole fresh strawberry for a fun surprise inside these healthier cupcakes–a perfectly portioned take on a classic strawberry shortcake. These Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes are the perfect Spring Dessert! You could serve them for Mother's Day, a birthday celebration, or even a girl's night out. Welcome spring with these fresh and delicious cupcakes.