Scallion pancake. Such an EASY snack or appetizer. One of my favorite dishes to order at a dim sum Chinese restaurant is scallion pancakes. Chinese scallion pancakes are always such a hit at dim sum.
The secret to layered, flaky, chewy-crunchy scallion pancakes? It's all in the roll (and the spin, and the re-roll). Not to mention the low and slow crisping. You can cook Scallion pancake using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scallion pancake
- It’s 200 gram of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 140 gram of boiled water.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Scallion.
- Prepare 8 gram of salt.
- Prepare 15 gram of Oil.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need of White pepper (optional).
Chinese scallion pancakes are always a crowd pleaser. This vegan recipe includes step-by-step photos and detailed notes on how to make the flakiest scallion pancakes. Scallion pancakes really are that easy to make home. I can't believe I've been ordering them from my neighborhood Chinese take-out, when I could have been making them all this time?!
Scallion pancake instructions
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt in the flour before putting boiled water in. Mix it with chopsticks (or spoon) until you can touch the dough by your hands.
- Knead the dough until the surface is slick. Cover it up with wet clothes for 20 mins.
- Roll the dough into a round(around 1 mm tall) sprinkle 8 grams of salt on the dough.
- Add oil on the top of the dough.
- Use the brush to spread out the oil.
- Sprinkle the scallions evenly. Add pepper.
- Roll the dough up gently.
- Close the edge on the side to prevent scallion from popping out.
- Hold the edge on both sides and twist them by different directions at the same time.
- Wind it into 2 circles on top of each others.
- Flat it into 5 cms thick. Cover it by wet cloth for 20 mins to 1 hr.
- Preheat the pan until you can feel the heat on top of it. Put the pancake in. Cook with medium fire..
- Flip it around when the bottom is golden brown(around 3-5 mins). Cover the cap to cook the other side until it golden brown.
- Add oil into the pan (around 20 grams) Pan- fry both side till it’s golden brown.
- Put it on paper napkin to absorb extra oil..
- Voilà ❤️.
These scallion pancakes rival any Chinese restaurant's. Test these out and feel like a master chef in your own kitchen. These Scallion Pancakes Are The Ultimate Snack. Chinese scallion pancake (Cong You Bing, 葱油饼) is not like The making of the Chinese scallion pancake is straightforward, albeit there are a few tricks to make it crusty, fluffy, and with distinct layers. Scallion pancakes were one of the first things I ever taught myself how to cook.