Salmon Cakes. Salmon cakes can be served as sandwiches or without the bread as a main course. Be careful of heat because the cakes cook rather quickly. See more ideas about Salmon cakes, Fish recipes, Seafood recipes.
If you enjoy seafood, salmon cakes can be a tasty new way to enjoy a fish dinner. Combined with herbs and spices, the salmon gets a crunchy, crisp coating from frying or baking it in small. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! You can cook Salmon Cakes using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salmon Cakes
- You need 4 oz of cooked salmon (or 6 oz canned, drained).
- Prepare 1/2 c of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire.
- Prepare 1 of green onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 tsp of your favorite seasoning blend- we like Tony's.
- It’s 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
These salmon cakes are light, healthy and a perfect holiday appetizer! These salmon patties (salmon cakes) are incredibly moist, delicious and flavorful – they're also gluten-free, paleo and low carb. I've made them with fresh salmon, but you could also use canned salmon. Classic Salmon Cakes are so tasty, they don't even need a sauce.
Salmon Cakes instructions
- Mix the salmon with the mayonnaise, worcestershire, green onion, seasoning, and breadcrumbs..
- Taste the mixture! Make sure it's salty enough. If it's too salty, add more breadcrumbs. For extra flavor, throw in any fresh herbs you have handy..
- Gently fold in the egg. The mixture should just hold together when scooped; add a bit more mayo if it's too dry..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to it, swirling to coat the pan..
- Divide the salmon mixture into 8 parts. Form by scooping them out with a large spoon, gently pressing them flat with your hand, and sliding into the pan. It's okay if they're a little wonky!.
- Let them brown for a minute or two per side; they'll stick until they're ready to be flipped..
- Serve immediately, with veggies and macaroni and cheese if you're like us!.
A simple squeeze of lemon or lime does the trick for these fantastic Salmon Cakes. I get pretty sick of meat. However, my budget will NOT allow it. I need to talk to my sushi place and ask them to make me all fish rolls, leaving out. Salmon Cakes are salmon patties made with fresh salmon, which makes them really juicy and delicious.