Recipe: Yummy Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. The frosting also showcases coconut oil with some lime juice. If you prefer, toast the coconut for the garnish on these cupcakes. Add in the coconut and give it one last slow whirl in the mixing bowl so everything is incorporated.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, remaining lemon extract and powdered. Tired of coconut cupcake posers, I decided to develop a recipe that would rally in the flavor of coconut in a cupcake. In light of that, the cupcake itself is surprisingly light in texture compared to other coconut cupcakes. You can cook Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s 1 box of your favorite white or yellow cake mix.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of can coconut milk (well shaken to incorporate the cream with the liquid).
- Prepare 2-3 of eggs (depending on what your box mix calls for).
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lime (remember to zest before juicing! ;)).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Prepare of another lime for zesting atop cupcakes.
- It’s of Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
The coconut cream cheese frosting enhances the cupcake so each bite. FOR the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and reserved coconut cream in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating on low speed until smooth. Spoon frosting into piping bag fitted with star tip.
Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Make your cupcakes according to box instructions REPLACING the water with an amount of coconut milk equal to the amount of water indicated on the box PLUS an additional 1/4 cup coconut milk. Don't forget to add the zest of 1 lime and 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice to the batter as well..
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make the Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. Copy and paste this in your URL bar to get that recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
- Frost your cupcakes as usual and then take a microplane or very fine grater and top the cupcakes with just a little bit of fresh lime zest. Frosted cake should be refrigerated until no less than 30 minutes before serving..
- Enjoy! :).
Frost with Key Lime Icing and serve. Coconut Cupcakes With White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. Combine the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl or the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer. Key Lime Coconut Cupcakes are full of fresh coconut & key lime flavor! How to make Key Lime Coconut Cupcakes.