You can have Plantain Pancakes using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Plantain Pancakes
- Prepare 2 of Ripe Plantains.
- It’s 1 Pint of Milk.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 3 Tbs. of Melted Butter (1 More for cooking (4).
- You need of Flour.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 Tbs. of Cinnamon.
- You need Splash of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 Tbs. of Baking Powder.
Plantain Pancakes instructions
- Peel and chop plantains. Add them to food processor along with everything but the flour. Process until a relatively smooth consistency is achieved..
- Add to a large mixing bowl. Begin adding flour gradually. Whisk and check the consistency. As with normal pancakes, you don’t want it too runny or too thick. Find the balance you like. The amount of flour will depend on both your taste and the the size of the plantains. Pour your mixture onto a griddle pan brushed with melted butter. Cook until you see bubbles forming and the pancakes move freely when pan is shaken..
- Serve with maple syrup, jam, berries or whatever fits your fancy..