Salmon Cakes. Salmon cakes can be served as sandwiches or without the bread as a main course. Be careful of heat because the cakes cook rather quickly. See more ideas about Salmon cakes, Fish recipes, Seafood recipes.
If you enjoy seafood, salmon cakes can be a tasty new way to enjoy a fish dinner. Combined with herbs and spices, the salmon gets a crunchy, crisp coating from frying or baking it in small. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! You can have Salmon Cakes using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salmon Cakes
- It’s 10 oz of chunk salmon (skinless boneless).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg (beaten).
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper (chopped).
- You need 1 tbsp of Chopped green onions.
- It’s 1 tbsp of old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dill.
- It’s 1 tsp of Franks red-hot sauce (or any cayenne pepper sauce).
- It’s 1/2 of Lemon (zest only).
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil (for frying).
These salmon cakes are light, healthy and a perfect holiday appetizer! These salmon patties (salmon cakes) are incredibly moist, delicious and flavorful – they're also gluten-free, paleo and low carb. I've made them with fresh salmon, but you could also use canned salmon. Classic Salmon Cakes are so tasty, they don't even need a sauce.
Salmon Cakes instructions
- In medium bowl mix together salmon and bread crumbs..
- Beat 1 egg and add to salmon mix along with the rest of the ingredients (except oil) adding more bread crumbs of mixture is too wet..
- Form 3 inch long patties about an inch thick, should get about 4 patties..
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Enough so that about a half an inch of oil covers the bottom of skillet..
- Fry each patty for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper town to let cool. Serve with your favorite tartar sauce..
A simple squeeze of lemon or lime does the trick for these fantastic Salmon Cakes. I get pretty sick of meat. However, my budget will NOT allow it. I need to talk to my sushi place and ask them to make me all fish rolls, leaving out. Salmon Cakes are salmon patties made with fresh salmon, which makes them really juicy and delicious.